Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get Facebook id

Posted 02-26-2020 10:19
    Edited by Jorge Negri 02-26-2020 10:19
    Hi all,

Need to know how to get from the Facebook Messaging used with Genesys Cloud, the "contact ID" sending direct messages to Genesys Cloud Platform?

Which of the parameters will give you this information?

In case of Twitter and Whatsapp it has been alredy extracted, but seems that Facebook is not delivering this information to be able to identify the contact.

Thank you all in advance for your help and attention.

Best regards.

#DigitalChannels
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Jorge Marcelo Negri
    Senior Project Consultant
    In Motion Argentina
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
    Argentina

• 2.  RE: Get Facebook id

GENESYS
    Posted 02-27-2020 07:38

Hello, I'm not sure i fully understand exactly what you are wanting here. But hopefully the following info can help you.

When the customer sends a message inbound there is a Genesys Cloud Conversation that will be generated. Using the public api you can GET this Conversation by it's Id for instance (GET /api/v2/conversations/messages/{conversationId} ).

On the Conversation object there would be a `customer` participant purpose that represents that customer that sent the message inbound. On this customer participant there will be 1 or more Message Communications. On the Message Communication is where you will find the info you need. The `fromAddress.addressRaw` will contain the Messaging Platform user identifier (in the Facebook case this is a Page Scoped Facebook User Id) that allows you to identify the user that sent the message.

Greg Boston
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Get Facebook id

Posted 02-27-2020 11:21
    Edited by Jorge Negri 02-27-2020 12:38
    Thanks Greg,

May be I can explain a little bit more in detail what is the problem faced here.

What we are trying to get is the "Contact ID" (the equivalent for the Caller ID when receiving an incoming telephone call) while receiving Facebook messages.,

As described while posting this question, no problems to get this from Twitter, and while receiving interactions from the Chat channel.

I have found in the Developer Forum that there's an attribute in the Condensed Conversation Information:

The attribute is the following:

Attribute                                                                                         Description
    socialUserName                                                   Username on a social interaction.

Asked here to the engineers who asked me about this to check if any of the informations received and found, help them to solve their problem.

If I am not also wrong, one of our engineers is working to integrate this with another application, so they want to have this "Contact ID Name" to be available and extracted for this use.

Thanks

Regards

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    Genesys PureCloud Certified Associate
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 4.  RE: Get Facebook id

GENESYS
    Posted 02-27-2020 15:51
    Hi Jorge,

The Facebook ID associated with the user can be accessed from the External Contact. You need to have the "full" view of the External Contact open, and can find it under Edit -> Advanced. Please see the image attached.

R. J. Smith
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Get Facebook id

Posted 02-27-2020 15:59
    Thanks!

Let us check if with this answer, we can go and solve what was pending for this digital channel.

Regards

Jorge Negri!

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    Genesys PureCloud Certified Associate
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources