Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Stir/Shaken Anti-Spoofing

Posted 03-04-2021 07:55
    Hi All, 

I've recently been on a few calls with our carriers where Stir/Shaken anti-spoofing efforts they are undertaking. 

Of interest to me and my customers is the ability to set an outbound caller id on an outbound call with a number that is not actually a number provided by Genesys. In many use cases we are terminating inbound toll free and direct dial calls into an enterprise aggregation layer, and then distributing those calls down to secondary applications like Genesys per the use case. In the case of Genesys orgs, we're actually just sending a derivative of the actual number to a sip uri on a byoc cloud trunk and then sending it to the route or user depending on the use case. The users have the ability to set that primary direct dial number in their profile, even thought Genesys doesn't really know about it. 

Will there be any kind of impact on a situation like this? 

Your faq note on this is a little short on details. 

https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/does-genesys-cloud-voice-support-shaken-stir/
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: Stir/Shaken Anti-Spoofing

Posted 03-05-2021 08:58
    Nothing? This seems fairly significant. It could be a non-issue, but it'd be nice to know if the earth is about to shift.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 3.  RE: Stir/Shaken Anti-Spoofing

Posted 06-09-2021 04:31
    Hello,

We're also going to implement STIR/SHAKEN with BYOC Cloud and BYOC Premises.
    Our concern was with the verstat parameters in the PAI and FROM headers with inbound calls.
    So I opened a case to Genesys care, the answer was that there will be no impact.

That being said, we'll test it on a BYOC Premises architecture before the 1st of July.
    But I agree with you, even if it's a non-issue it should be written somewhere on the Resource Center.

Loïc Hesling
    Orange Business Services

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources