Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Anyone use PureCloud Softphone?

Posted 10-31-2019 11:24
    Good Morning! 

Our Organization is testing the PureCloud Softphone Client for our Contact Center agents. Last week the configurations we had connected to both Edge Devices and things were working seamlessly, this week the Softphones will only connect to one edge and we are seeing a lot of Protocol Errors causing agents to be unable to answer incoming calls and make outbound calls. 

Has anyone used the PureCloud Softphone and have any advice?  We have a support case open but are waiting on replies.
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD
    Alberta Motor Association

• 2.  RE: Anyone use PureCloud Softphone?

Posted 11-01-2019 05:03
    Hi Kymberli,

We have a few customers using Softphone and I have spent some time troubleshooting in the past.  Make sure you have the phone trunk for the Softphones configured on all Edge servers on the correct interface.  Then I would suggest running diagnostics on the phone trunk and from the users desktop where the Softphone is installed run Wireshark.

From this you should be able to see in the captures what is going on and where there is any communication issue

There are many other factors including if the Edges are located at different sites, if firewalls are involved/etc but getting end to end traces will definitely help point you in the right direction

Thanks Luke

Luke Mitchell
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 3.  RE: Anyone use PureCloud Softphone?

Posted 11-06-2019 02:02
    Not saying its related but for just over a week now we have had issues with a group of agents using softphones whereby the issues you describer sound similar Kymberli  though i am sure its unrelated. I have another group of agents who are setup the same as the troubled group who have no issues using softphone
    Win Lose situation really

Have been advised that make sure all your softphone software is the latest version as what you see in their configuration

When it works, it works. When it doesn't it becomes a headache

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    3 Years Purecloud

• 4.  RE: Anyone use PureCloud Softphone?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-06-2019 09:45
    I'll ask the usual basic question (since we have had recent updates to both)--are all the agents running the latest softphone software, and all the involved edges on the latest Edge software?

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Anyone use PureCloud Softphone?

Posted 11-06-2019 10:31

@Luke Mitchell - Thank you for your reply!  ​We have gone over all configurations and had the diagnostics run and shared the info with support - we are actively working with them on it.

@Darryn Chang - You are right, when it works - it's great! It just seems we fight with certain configurations working, then not working and then they will work again. It gets .. painful. 

@George Ganahl - This may seem like a silly question - I've looked within the resource center but cannot find anything related to versions of the Softphone Client, how am i to know which version i should be on?  Out edges are set to update next week to the latest version, we began out softphone client testing on the version we are on today - so they worked, then didn't .. all within the same edge version. 

​​

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD
    Alberta Motor Association

• 6.  RE: Anyone use PureCloud Softphone?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-06-2019 10:47
    Yeah...there's the rub. They don't usually publish the latest phone firmware/software included in the Edge builds (because the Edge pushes out the firmware/software to the phones), so there's no good way to know for sure. On the softphone, I think you can run the check for updates (though I don't currently have it installed on my laptop and am on the other side of the world from my office with very slow internet tonight, and can't easily check).

So, if there was no change in the edge software or phone software, then it is usually environmental...but you'll have to work through the network diagnostics results to see.

You don't happen to have access to Interaction Center/PureConnect, do you? The softphone writes logs that are in the same format as the PureConnect trace logs and they can be read by that system's logviewer utility. That would give you some insight, I'm guessing. Care can read those logs, but might not have thought of that angle.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Anyone use PureCloud Softphone?

Posted 11-07-2019 13:55
    This may not be related, but we had issues with a Poly phone refusing to provision properly last Friday. After banging our heads against the proverbial wall, we rebooted the (micro-)edge and voila, all problems resolved. The edges in that location were not showing any signs of trouble at all.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 8.  RE: Anyone use PureCloud Softphone?

Posted 11-15-2019 23:50
    Edited by Paulo Mesquita do not use 11-16-2019 01:32
    Hi Kymberli,

The Protocol Error message is expected when the Softphone is not provisioned.

I had the same issue two weeks ago because in some PC's the Softphone app was removed from Windows startup process after the update. So the agents were "On Queue" but Purecloud Softphone was not running.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources