Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CIDR IP Address Range for Cloud Media 2/24 - What actually needs to be done

Posted 02-23-2021 11:44
    I received an email that two of my GC customers are not using the new IP address range. One is BYOC Prem and the other is GCV, with neither using Direct Connect. I don't know if this means they are not using the new range with physical phones, WebRTC, or what.

I have reviewed the following:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/cidr-ip-address-range-for-cloud-media-services/

These customers should not have to do anything, as they do not whitelists anything today and should not have to make changes from what I understand.

If they're not using the new range, could that be DNS related? Do we need to have them reboot physical phones or flush DNS somewhere?

Would the Desktop client version play any role in what IP range is used? I would assume it's all DNS based and not hard coded IPs, but I'm concerned about this warning and want to throw out all possibilities.

Please let me know if you have any insight or recommendations.

Thanks,
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 2.  RE: CIDR IP Address Range for Cloud Media 2/24 - What actually needs to be done

Posted 02-24-2021 19:10
    Hey Daniel

They've added a check against the old/new media services in the WebRTC diagnostics app under the network tab:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/run-the-genesys-cloud-webrtc-diagnostics-app/

Wouldn't hurt to run this check as well as the ones in the cidr change link for an added layer of peace of mind.  

I made an assumption that because one of my customers allowed basically *google* and *aws* I shouldn't have to do this but I'm getting their network guys to test, check and add anyway.  Most assumptions I've made in the past around the network and firewall requirements has been wrong or I just badly interpreted the resource centre articles.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: CIDR IP Address Range for Cloud Media 2/24 - What actually needs to be done

Posted 02-24-2021 19:32
    Looks like the deprecation of the old ports/range has been pushed to March 10th now as well.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: CIDR IP Address Range for Cloud Media 2/24 - What actually needs to be done

Posted 02-24-2021 21:07
    Hi Vaun,

Thanks for the info.

My concern isn't with WebRTC users, as none of my customers have any rules in place for Genesys Cloud and the majority of their users are working from home. I just wasn't sure how they detected customers were using the old services and if this could have been their physical Polycom phones needing to be rebooted to refresh the DNS or something like that. I guess I have more time to figure it out.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources