Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

Posted 10-27-2020 08:56

Hi,

I am currently trying to develop an agent script where the agent is not only able to see information from a third party system (zendesk in our case) but to write information back. My goal is to add a new comment on an open Zendsesk ticket via the GC scripts. What do I need to set up to write information back? 

Did anyone already did such a script/flow where I can get some insights of how it works?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
    Florian

#DigitalChannels
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Florian Pickert
    T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH

• 2.  RE: Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

Posted 10-27-2020 09:24
    Servus :)

I haven't done it myself but I believe you would want to start with Data actions https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-zendesk-data-actions-integration/ 

You may find more information on the developer forum. https://developer.mypurecloud.com/forum/

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 3.  RE: Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

Posted 10-27-2020 09:48

Hi Paul,

Thx for the hint. I already tried out a bit with custom data actions but I guess I need to configure the Flow (?) to execute the writing process.

I am currently assign the new comment content to a variable but I fail to add a new comment with the content on zendesk site. DO I need to configure s.th. on zendesk site to make it work?
    From my perspective I should create a input field in the script, attach the input onto a variable I configured in GC and afterwards call the zendesk API to create a new comment to the open ticket, am I right?

Florian Pickert

• 4.  RE: Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

Posted 10-27-2020 10:15
    I'm not sure about the process of passing data from a script back to an architect flow. I've gone the other way bringing data into a script. I would recommend trying to configure the Zendesk data actions. You could then go into your Architect flow go to Data -> Call Data Action and use the Zendesk flow to write something, anything to Zendesk.

When you create the Data Action you basically would map out what Zendesk fields you want to use.

Once you have that working then you could work on getting the script/screen pop to pass the information.

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 5.  RE: Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

Posted 10-27-2020 11:23

Exactly this is my problem.

I already drag some data from zendesk into genesys cloud script without any problem. I struggle when it comes to write it back. I tried to call different data actions but from my understanding the "call data action" function only works in one direction. 

I dont know where I assign my contentvariable to the flow and then update the data in zendesk

"You could then go into your Architect flow go to Data -> Call Data Action and use the Zendesk flow to write something, anything to Zendesk." - Only within the flow. As far as I know I cant use the same flow to trigger a writing process from GC to another System via script

"When you create the Data Action you basically would map out what Zendesk fields you want to use." - same applies here. this is for inbound direction and I cant just use it to manually set data (or?)

Florian Pickert

• 6.  RE: Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

Posted 11-04-2020 10:12
    Edited by William Chávez 11-04-2020 10:16

Good morning Florian:

I have not worked with Zendesk but I have worked with another Case Management System.

I suggest that together with the Zendesk team you evaluate the possibility to get the URL of each one of the cases (I suppose they are identified by an unique code) in such a way that they can be embedded within the Genesys Cloud Script in a dynamic way.

Using the embedded URL option within the Script and assigning it a variable URL (that depends on the unique code of the case that could be received from an Architect flow in a Set Screen Pop action) you could, if Zendesk allows it, fill out the case form in particular within the same Genesys Cloud Script without needing to use the Data Actions. Although Data Actions are also a very good alternative, as long as you are clear about those REST services that Zendesk publishes and its scope in the manipulation of its objects (cases, notes, etc.).

I hope this suggestion can guide you and help you in your purposes.

Best regards,

William Martín Chávez González
    Systems Engineer
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.S.

• 7.  RE: Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

Posted 11-04-2020 10:33

Hi William,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us. I never thought of the idea to embed the URL in a script and assign the ticket identifier to it. But after I read your post, it clearly makes sense to do so!

Thanks a lot for this hint. I am looking forward to test it out.

Best Regards,

Florian Pickert

• 8.  RE: Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

GENESYS
    Posted 11-05-2020 08:39
    Data Actions that update/create information in an external system can also be fired from a script.  I have seen examples where a small form was created in a script that allows an agent to manually enter information which gets bound to script variables.  Below the form is a button that executes the data action, populating the input parameters of the action from the variables entered in the script form.  The same "update" data action used in your flow can be leveraged in the script using the approach; the only difference is you're using manually entered script variables in place of the flow variables. 

I've seen this approach used often with systems that do not allow the iFraming of their web pages by way of the x-frame-options headers; the data action interacts directly with that platform's API instead of relying on the platform's web assets to do so.  

Hopefully that helps.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Write Information back from Scripts into Third Party System

Posted 11-04-2020 10:36
    Good morning Florian:

Also, you can check both capabilities of the Genesys Cloud for Zendesk integration and Genesys Cloud Embeddable Framework:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-genesys-cloud-for-zendesk/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/do-the-genesys-cloud-embedded-clients-allow-users-to-use-click-to-dial-on-behalf-of-a-queue/
    https://youtu.be/-GmhCsu0fbg 

Cordially yours,

William Martín Chávez González
    Systems Engineer
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.S.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources