Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Agent cannot send our email

• 1.  Agent cannot send our email

Posted 11-17-2019 23:26
    Dear all,

one of our Agent cannot reply customer's email, and showing "Unable to send email, Request was formatted incorrectly" error.

Already raised support ticket and still waiting for the reply.

Regards,
    Peter Leong
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Peter Leong

• 2.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 11-19-2019 03:53
    Hi Peter.

we have the same error on several agents one of our customers sites, have you fix this issue ? , we have a ticket to Genesys, but they are not closer to a resolution either..

/Glenn

Glenn leidecker
    TDC Netdesign

• 3.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 11-19-2019 04:03
    Hi Gleen,

Luckily the issue seems resumed automatically today, new incoming emails are able to reply now. but those mail which received on affected period are still not able to sent yet, some of the email doesn't have reply button showing. the issue just happened on 1 out 5 email queue, others email queue didn't happened the same issue and works fine. i am also still waiting for support's update.

Peter Leong
    ITApps Limited

• 4.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 11-19-2019 04:14
    Hi Peter.

exactly the same scenario for us buttons are gone and no rway to reply other than kill the email, for us the behavior started after Genesys realeased the new email features "Inline images" and FW of mails... before that all emails back and forth worked fine... it seems that the mails having the issue are mostly internal mail korrenspondance, all external works fine... if that helps you further... no respond from Genesys on our ticket either, will let you know if that change...

/Glenn

Glenn leidecker
    TDC Netdesign

• 5.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 11-19-2019 04:25
    Hi Glenn,

thanks for you information, for us all of our email queue are from external, queue settings are the same, and they are all forwarded by same email server, just don't know why it just happened on 1 email queue only. I am also suspected if it is related to recent update as it is related to email. i think nothing we can do until PureCloud fix this or rollback the email function. if i have update, i will also update here to see if it can help other affected people.

Peter Leong
    ITApps Limited

• 6.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 11-20-2019 10:22
    Is it possible the agents are copy and pasting some text from another app (but only for some emails). Maybe they are pasting in some formatting that Purecloud can't handle.

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 7.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 11-28-2019 02:03
    Hi Paul,

No, it is not. PureCloud support still not able to provide a update to me.

Hi @glenn leidecker​, your issue got fixed or not yet?

Peter Leong
    ITApps Limited

• 8.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 11-28-2019 08:40
    Edited by glenn leidecker 11-28-2019 08:41
    Hi Peter.

Nope we havent fixed it we have sent new logs console logs and network logs to Genesys today contaning error and work around... what seems to working il try to explain here so u can test it yourself with a email that gets the error. 

the scenario:

- Incomming (bad) email
    - Agent on queue accept mail before pressing reply all or opening email history, copy the content to a word sheet
    - then open history and reply all as you normally do, this should trigger the event. (format error)
    - then discard the mail, after take the copied content from email and paste it in content, "DO NOT OPEN HISTORY"  put in whatever contact you need to       send to and press send...

That works for the customer, yes its not optimal but as the case is ongoing and its limited to 5% of the mails they can work with it. 

Glenn leidecker
    Nuuday A/S

• 9.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 12-11-2019 09:04
    Hi Peter.

did you get this matter solved through Support yet ?? asking be course we are kinda stuck with no fix yet...

Glenn leidecker
    Nuuday A/S

• 10.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 12-16-2019 02:22
    Hi Glenn,

same here, no fix yet too. they still no progress update to me about the case after provide console log and network log from Chrome.

Luckily, the issue seems not happened. our end user would use their outlook to reply to their customer if there is a problem.

Peter Leong
    ITApps Limited

• 11.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 12-16-2019 05:54
    Hi Peter.

Thx for the update, i want to update our case with your Genesys ticket so the can see that others having same problem, im puting our ticket number here so you have that aswell.

ticket number: 0002655879 

/Glenn

Glenn leidecker
    Nuuday A/S

• 12.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 12-16-2019 21:53
    Hi Glenn,

just got the update last night that they cannot re-produce the issue. However, it is good for putting our case together, our ticket number is Case #0002660072.

Peter Leong
    ITApps Limited

• 13.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 12-18-2019 02:56
    Hi Glenn,

just got another update today, they checked the "reply all" button disappear may due to permission problem, they created a role to contain those permissions and ask me to assign to the affect user. now i am waiting my customer's reply.

those 3 permissions are:

Conversation>email>forward
    Conversation>email>View
    Directory>User>reconcileEmail

see if it can help you.

Peter Leong
    ITApps Limited

• 14.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 12-18-2019 03:03
    Hi Peter.

was just about to write to you :)
    after i posted your ticket number they replied last night, reffering to what you are saying...so i also will check that on my side ofc...

Glenn Leidecker
    Nuuday A/S

• 15.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

GENESYS
    Posted 12-18-2019 11:41
    I'll follow up internally as well, but only email forward is an actual permission used for email today. Email view is a new permission we will be introducing next year as noted here: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/forum/t/acd-routing-behavior-change/6572

Directory>User>reconcileEmail has nothing to do with ACD email and is actually a deprecated permission. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/deprecation-legacy-permissions/

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 16.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 12-18-2019 14:23
    Hi Lucie

i dont understand how can Support determined these two permissions is missing when one of them its going to be introduced next year    

From case history:

I checked in with the engineer on that other case and it was determined to be that the users seeing the issue were missing a couple permissions. Those two permissions are:

• conversation:email:forward
    • conversation:email:view

Glenn Leidecker
    Nuuday A/S

• 17.  RE: Agent cannot send our email

Posted 12-08-2022 23:40
    Hi Glen, 

We are currently facing the same issue. Did your issue got resolved? Could you let us know what was the outcome of this?

TIA

#Calls,voicemail,andinbox
    #Architect/Routing
    #UI
    #GenesysCloudCX​​​​​

Sreekand Muthukrishnan
    NTT Australia Pty Ltd.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources