Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  On a simple roster how do you display which staff are in or WFH

Posted 12-22-2021 18:30
    Hey Folks,

In this world we live in many days we have a mix of staff working in the office and from home. In a large call centre its desirable to see where your staff are for many reasons but especially for health and safety. How do you simply show/allow staff to reflect/change this on their roster.
    #RemoteWorkEnablement

------------------------------
    Sandra Lawrence
    Meridian Energy

• 2.  RE: On a simple roster how do you display which staff are in or WFH

Posted 12-22-2021 21:14
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 12-22-2021 21:16
    Hi Sandra

There probably isn't an easy way of doing this without relying on the advisors needing to do something differently when at home vs in the office.  One thing that I submitted a request to Genesys for was that in the agent lists where you can see what station they've assigned, to also have IP address or something else listed that would be the IP of their browser/endpoint.  That wouldn't be perfect but you'd be able to see all your office workers potentially behind the same IP address (Meridian's public IP address) or their home internet connection IP.

Manual wise, you could have agents choose a softphone phone when in the office vs WebRTC at home, or even have them dial into some type of IVR at the start of each shfit that updates a data table with their location for the day, eg "Hi XXXX, if you are working in the offrice today, press 1, if you're working at home press 2".  Then you could check that datatable at any time to see.  Both of those are manual though and I wouldn't want to rely on that in an emergency.  Another manual thing would be to have your team leaders add the people who are at home or in the office into different queues at the start/end of each shift.  Those queues wouldn't have anything routed to them, but you'd be able to view in most of the UI the agents who are on those.  Again though, manual, so :(

Hopefully someone else can think of something though.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: On a simple roster how do you display which staff are in or WFH

Posted 12-23-2021 15:02
    Thanks Vaun, definitely attempting to avoid the manual work :) Will definitely investigate "station/IP" options to see how this could help us and be a more automated solution.

Sandra Lawrence
    Meridian Energy

• 4.  RE: On a simple roster how do you display which staff are in or WFH

Posted 02-04-2022 02:03
    Hi Sandra

Did you end up having luck with this?

Vaun McCarthy

• 5.  RE: On a simple roster how do you display which staff are in or WFH

Posted 02-16-2022 14:44
    Hey Vaun, no not yet, we are also focused on multi organization situations so this has been more the focus. Still working towards :)

Sandra Lawrence
    Meridian Energy

• 6.  RE: On a simple roster how do you display which staff are in or WFH

Posted 02-16-2022 23:28
    Yep each time I think I have an idea, it involves manual work by the WFM team.  One thought I did have was creating two queues - AtWork and AtHome.  Before running your schedule put agents into one OR the other.  Have a WFM planning group created for each of those queues.  This way an agent will end up one of those planning groups too by being in the work or home queue.

After you've run your schedule you'll then be able to filter on the planning group to see who's at least scheduled to be working in the office or at home.  But that relies on you knowing ahead of time where the advisor's going to be, doesn't cover for those sudden changes needed, and needs that queue assignment to be done.

Vaun McCarthy

• 7.  RE: On a simple roster how do you display which staff are in or WFH

Posted 02-17-2022 04:04
    Or you could halve the work and just have AtHome Queue and get the agents to activate that queue when WFH the sum of On Queue and Off Queue = total agents WFH - variation on a theme by Vaun, just a thought...

Matthew Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 8.  RE: On a simple roster how do you display which staff are in or WFH

Posted 02-17-2022 14:13
    Hi Matthew, yes I considered that approach too but for most of the orgs I support they actually disable that permission for most agents.  

Side note I have a query out there regarding WFM planning groups as I suspect that deactivating a user in a queue doesn't remove them from a planning group because technically they're still a member.  I don't think the WFM engine looks at queue membership "state", only whether they are a member.  That actually makes sense and it's something WFM planners would/should be considering in their scheduling - whether agents (or supervisors) do use that activate/deactivate.

Vaun McCarthy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources