Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Speech recognition in Architect

Posted 09-21-2021 05:17
    Hello everyone,

We have a customer need about speech recognition, the question is : it is possible to configure an IVR in Architect that will ask the calling external party to say a Id customer number (for example: 135790) and then the system recognize this number and re-play it again to the customer to confirm if it is correct.
    I didn't a bloc in Architect that can collect saying digit through speech recognition.

Is this supported in Genesys Cloud ?

Thank you.
    #PlatformAdministration

• 2.  RE: Speech recognition in Architect

Posted 09-21-2021 09:39
    You will need to use Genesys DialogEngine to collect that information or another NLU (i.e., bot) provider (e.g., Lex, DialogFlow). Genesys DialogEngine will require you to use a 3rd party text-to-speech engine until Genesys Enhanced TTS is available out of the box. Also, DialogEngine bots are not yet PCI-DSS compliant if that is a requirement. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-architect-dialog-engine-bot-flows/

------------------------------
    Dan Fontaine
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Speech recognition in Architect

Posted 09-21-2021 11:16
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for your feedback and explanation, you know if this feature (speech recognition) is available native in Genesys Cloud without integration or third party software ?

Thank you.

Mostafa Oudderhem
    Coverage-Communication

• 4.  RE: Speech recognition in Architect

Posted 09-21-2021 11:31

For speech reco input into Cloud IVR, you need to use a Lex or Google dialogflow action to get the number from the caller.  Cloud IVR capabilities are far from the full GVP IVR that many of us are used to.

Also, here is a list of supported languages for various speech capabilities in Cloud: Genesys Cloud Supported Languages

• 5.  RE: Speech recognition in Architect

Posted 09-21-2021 11:37
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply, I see now, I don't know if the integration of Google dialogflow or Amazon Lex is free of charge or we need to pay for a special license.
    Also, does google or Amazon Lex supports French language for Speech recognition ?

Thank you

Mostafa Oudderhem
    Coverage-Communication

• 6.  RE: Speech recognition in Architect

Posted 09-21-2021 11:57

Mostafa,

Outside of Genesys Cloud, yes. I cannot speak for how it integrates with Cloud as I come from Engage Cloud and prior to that, GVP. Someone else will have to confirm, but my guess is that yes you will be able to use their French speech reco engine.

• 7.  RE: Speech recognition in Architect

Posted 09-21-2021 12:04
    Thank you so much Kevin, we will ask our local CSM (our Genesys account manager) to confirm about license and costs.
    It will be a good experience to try this.

Regards.

Mostafa Oudderhem
    Coverage-Communication

• 8.  RE: Speech recognition in Architect

Posted 09-21-2021 12:28
    Genesys DialogEngine is included in Genesys Cloud. Please see the link in my earlier post. You will not need Amazon Lex or Google DialogFlow if Genesys DialogEngine meets your needs.

Dan Fontaine
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources