Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Supervisors Activating / Deactivating Agents on a Queue

Posted 07-28-2020 09:28
    I know this has been brought up before, but the permission needed for a supervisor to activate and deactivate agents on a queue though the supervisor Performance pages is Routing > Queue > Join, correct?
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 2.  RE: Supervisors Activating / Deactivating Agents on a Queue

Posted 07-28-2020 13:11
    Hello Patrick,

You are right, in the Queues Agents Detail view, you can activate and deactivate agents who are already members of that queue.
    For this, you would need  Routing > Queue > Join permission.

Regards,

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France

• 3.  RE: Supervisors Activating / Deactivating Agents on a Queue

Posted 07-29-2020 15:53
    Edited by Patrick Rada 08-03-2020 10:17
    Thanks.

Here's my concern, and I'm hoping someone from Genesys can address it:  Genesys Cloud requires the Routing > Queue > Join permissions for agents to activate/deactivate themselves in queues and for supervisors to activate/deactivate agents in queues from supervisor displays such as Queue Agents Detail.  However, to perform that same function from the Queue Activity Detail (.../directory/#/anaytics/queues/guid/activity) are you required to grant supervisors the Routing > Queue > Edit permission.

It seems antithetical to the concept of least privilege to require giving users whose role does not require them to manage queue configurations from Admin > Queues, access to that functionality.  The Queue Activity Detail page interface is much more easily navigated to adjust agent's active/inactive status.

It is documented that activation/deactivation is the only reason to need Routing > Queue > Edit on the Queue Activity Detail page (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/queues-activity-detail-view/).

I've been trying to understand the variance in permission requirements, and I've been unable to come up with an explanation.

I'd appreciate any feedback from Genesys.

Thanks.

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 4.  RE: Supervisors Activating / Deactivating Agents on a Queue

Posted 07-30-2020 02:33
    Patrick, I've only been in the Genesys Cloud world for the last year or so having come from Genesys Engage. This lack of a granular permission/role setup was a huge shock to me.  Especially when you look on the ideas site and see that there's been discussions about this very thing going back a few years.  A classic example is that in order for a customer to be able to activate emergency plans, they need basically telephony admin rights which would allow them to completely mess up trunk and call routing configuration.

What a lot of this means is that us integrators are essentially having to be the operations people for an org, carrying out BAU functions like emergency activations, or we're having to setup workarounds using data tables, or IVRs to do it - which defeats the purpose of having some of the features there.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: Supervisors Activating / Deactivating Agents on a Queue

Posted 09-25-2020 14:13
    We are in the process of migrating from PureConnect to Genesys Cloud and we too, just ran into this oversight. There is no reason why a supervisor should gain access to full Admin queue settings just for the ability to Activate/Deactivate their agents in their various queues.

Christopher Kaldenberg
    EMS, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources