Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Chat Widget v2 and no Co Browse?

Posted 05-21-2020 02:39
    Hi all

Can someone please confirm I'm understanding things right with regards to web chat widget versions?

If the web chat widget version 2 does not support co browse, what does that actually mean?  If you deploy version 2 of the web chat widget there is NO option at all to provide co browse at all?  You would have to go right back to version 1 to be able to do that?  The layout of version 2 is much nicer but if you can't allow the agent to initiate a cobrowse session with the customer it seems a fairly silly feature to have been "dropped".
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy

• 2.  RE: Web Chat Widget v2 and no Co Browse?

Posted 05-21-2020 09:58
    Hi Vaun,

You are correct. From what I've read, they are working on adding this functionality and will deprecate v 1/1.1 sometime after all the functionality is there.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 3.  RE: Web Chat Widget v2 and no Co Browse?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-22-2020 04:10
    Hi Vaun, Daniel,
    Indeed, Cobrowse support has not been productized for Widget v2. The latest support matrix is available at the Widget feature comparison page, which also highlights the additional benefits of v2 (Accessibility, Chat Flows & Bots, Altocloud integration) compared to v1.
    We see very low adoption of Cobrowse so far, and we also want to prioritize other areas like Async & Rich Messaging.
    We do have an Idea posted here for adding Cobrowse to Widget v2, if you want to vote or track status.

Thanks
    Angelo

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees
    Director, Product Management

• 4.  RE: Web Chat Widget v2 and no Co Browse?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-27-2020 11:17
    Hi - 
    With COVID-19 and the move to remote we have seen a big increase in digital integrations. I often get questions around cobrowse and there was a good article that AXA posted about how they are using cobrowse with Genesys: 

https://www.axa-direct.co.jp/company/official_info/pr/2019/190424.html 
    I need to use Google translate to go to Japanese to English 

Just wanted to share in case you are looking for examples of how this is being used. As Angelo mentioned there is also the idea that you can vote on at https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-449

Regards,
    Don 

Donald Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources