Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud integration with an External IVR

Posted 02-05-2021 20:59
    Wondering if anybody in the community has integrated Genesys Cloud with an external IVR. With the ability to get userdata from the external IVR to present to a Genesys Cloud Agent.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Stavros Vossos
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud integration with an External IVR

Posted 02-06-2021 02:41
    Hi Stavros, I haven't done it myself but there's a number of threads around the use of UUI Data and a SIP trunk to pass the data through.  So it probably depends how "external" the other IVR is.  If it has to pass in through the PSTN/carrier then it may be difficult depending on your carrier and the other party.  On the other hand if it's external to Genesys Cloud but internal to the same organisation/enterprise then it's probably somewhat easier.

That being said, when you say to present it to a Genesys Cloud agent, I'm guessing you'd be passing the call through an Architect flow first where it would have to extract that UUI Data.  Then depending on how complex that flow is you might also want to consider seeing if you could send the caller from the other IVR higher in that external flow and see if your Architect flow could get the data you're trying to use itself?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud integration with an External IVR

Posted 02-06-2021 18:10
    Hi Vaun, thank you for the response. Thinking of sending from the external IVR to an Architect Contact flow as you suggest then triggering an action to get data from an external source. Not sure how difficult that is, just at a proof of concept stage. Can we use Genesys Data Actions from architect to get this data. ? or maybe consider using a lambda function of some sort.

Stavros Vossos
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud integration with an External IVR

Posted 02-07-2021 17:20
    Edited by Nathan Kaden 02-07-2021 18:19
    Hi Stavros, We've done a deployment were we are sending data to an external IVR then that IVR is sending back the call to us with changed/additional data, we achieved this through custom APIs to write to an external database or system(CRM) I believe (I didn't develop it), when the call comes to us and we transfer to the external IVR we write the call data to the external database, then when the IVR receives the call it retrieves that information, makes whatever changes it needs to, then sends it back to us, we then retrieve the modified data.

Alternatively as advised by Vaun, you can use the UUI data in the Architect flow, you can use the variable Call.UUIData to retrieve the UUI Data, and use the action Set UUI Data to set it before transfer out.

Depending on what you're trying to achieve, if it's just for determining routing in your architect flow, you could also route the calls from that external IVR to your Architect flow via different DIDs depending on what they've chosen in that IVR, that way you can distinguish between the calls.

Nathan Kaden
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 5.  RE: Genesys Cloud integration with an External IVR

Posted 02-08-2021 17:12
    thanks Nathan, the use case is to get the attached data from the external IVR across to the Genesys Cloud Agent.

Stavros Vossos
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 6.  RE: Genesys Cloud integration with an External IVR

Posted 02-08-2021 17:27
    Hi Stavros, if it's a SIP Trunk between the external IVR and Genesys Cloud you could use the UUI header and see if you can package all the data you need into the UUI so that Genesys Cloud can access it in the architect flow, otherwise you may need to look at options around the external IVR writing the information to a database or CRM then passing a reference key in the UUI or CLID of the original caller for Genesys Cloud to lookup and retrieve that data.

Nathan Kaden
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 7.  RE: Genesys Cloud integration with an External IVR

Posted 02-08-2021 13:21
    I currently have ours setup to send calls from an IVR I built in Twilio over to Genesys Cloud.  In Twilio I'm doing a lookup to see if it's a staff caller or other and routing based on that and sending the call to Genesys through a PSTN transfer if it needs to get into the queue.  I want to look into changing that to a SIP transfer to lower the PSTN usage.  Once the call is in Genesys then I am using a data action to pull information from our data warehouse using Azure Logic Apps.

You should be able to use UUI data to pass the needed information.  I'm about to dig into that myself.

Josiah Brown
    Ohio's Hospice

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources