Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

• 1.  Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-09-2021 23:49
    This is not something that we require and in fact we are finding it really annoying. Is there a way to turn it off and just leave audible alerts for incoming calls? We need the audible call notifications, so we can't just turn the sounds off on our computers.

Referring to below link, if I haven't provided enough information

Incoming non-voice interaction alert ringtone change - Genesys Cloud Resource Center
    Genesys Cloud Resource Center remove preview
    Incoming non-voice interaction alert ringtone change - Genesys Cloud Resource Center
    On June 9, 2021, Genesys replaced the current sound accompanying incoming non-voice interaction alerts with a new ringtone. The new ringtone will play continuously until an agent answers or declines, or the alert timer expires. Agents will hear a new ringtone to remind them an interaction is awaiting to be answered or declined.
    View this on Genesys Cloud Resource Center >

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kristian Andrejewskis
    A Noble & Son

• 2.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 02:15
    I am also looking for a way to mute this alert.

Salim Elchami
    Complete Office Supplies

• 3.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 09:08
    Hi Kristian,

Not sure if that helps, but it seems that there is a way to mute non-call interactions. In order to do so, you would need to operate with Genesys from a browser window with a single tab open. We tried and as soon as we open another tab, in the same window, the mute ringtone is no longer muted. It is still not convenient though because you would need to switch back and forth between browser windows (depending on workflow), but that's our experience.

It would be great if anyone else has another workaround/fix for it.

Louis D.

• 4.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 12:00

To clarify, your reps were not hearing the non-voice tone before this change?

If that's the case, then the change to "The new ringtone will play continuously until an agent answers or declines, or the alert timer expires." is what causes this to happen now.

Question for Genesys is whether alert timer can be set to immediately kill the alert?

Otherwise they need to shut this off and go back to the drawing board as the vast majority of organizations do not want this alert. 

• 5.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 17:57
    That's correct Kevin. Previously we had an audible alert for incoming calls, but not for emails. The change yesterday added the email Audible alert. I knew it was coming. Sounded ok in theory, but in practice it's terrible for us

Kristian Andrejewskis
    A Noble & Son

• 6.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-10-2021 13:22
    Hello Kristian,

There is not a setting to turn off or mute the alert sound for non-voice interactions that comes with this new feature release.

There is a control mechanism for the sound volume within Genesys Cloud preferences. The user can navigate to their user profile, select Preferences--> select Sound--> adjust the volume of the general audio. This adjustment will be universal for all interaction alerts. 

#audioalert #digitalalert​​​​​

Shonte Apolinar
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 17:39

Shonte,

Other than a feature request in Idea Lab, how do we get this reverted to its previous state until non-voice interaction alerts can be controlled separately?

• 8.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 17:59
    Thanks Shonte. We're aware of that, but it doesn't fix the issue. We still need audible ring for phones, but need it removed for email. Had a few staff go home last night with headaches from the constant ringing.

Kristian Andrejewskis
    A Noble & Son

• 9.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 18:24
    Kristian, I have a customer with very negative feedback on the same, hence my question about how to quickly revert it back. Seems this was not thought through before implementing. Best for Genesys to revert back and re-think the implementation with separate controls for non-voice alerts.

• 10.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 19:00
    I also have negative feedback by my agents with the ongoing alert noise. Would be great if it was separated in the sound option but I can't mute all notifications as my agents wont be able to hear the calls come through

Salim Elchami
    Complete Office Supplies

• 11.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-10-2021 19:09
    Hello Kevin,

The feature release was done on the multi-tenant cloud platform. There isn't the capability to roll back a feature to a specific customer on the same multi-tenant platform. This audio alert concept originated in Product Ideas Lab and went through a beta program with a pool of our customer base who voluntarily  enrolled in the feedback and testing. Here are the ideas:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-593

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLCOLL-I-469

You can add an idea in the Product Ideas Lab about implementing separate controls for non-voice interaction alerts.

Thank you for your feedback Kevin.

Shonte Apolinar
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 20:34
    Edited by Kevin Brown 06-10-2021 20:43

I understand, however it seems the idea was not well thought out and tested with a large enough group of customers for good feedback.  The idea request says nothing about making it tied to voice transactions alerts. Nor do the release notes indicate that this is a global volume setting across voice and non-voice transactions, and it does not mention that it can be turned off.

Expect extremely loud pushback from many customers on this. I cannot believe that it seemed acceptable to anyone in Genesys or your beta customers that interrupting a call with a customer with a loud notification is acceptable.  

I am aware of one very large customer talking about postponing their migration to Cloud until this is fixed, that is how negative it is for those customers who place top priority on voice.  The only alternative is to completely split agents from non-voice transactions and leave them to a small dedicated group.

Rather then submit to the Idea Lab I will have the account rep and TAM escalate upward on the criticality of correcting this.

Those customers who seem to be OK with this lived without it until now. They can live without it for a little while longer while it is corrected. The rest of the Cloud customer base is suffering as a result of this implementation.

Kevin Brown
    Cognizant Technology Solutions

I've been working and playing with Genesys since 1995
    Arizona, USA

• 13.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-10-2021 19:01
    Hello Kristian,

The feature release was conceptualized and driven by our Cloud customers through the Product Ideas Lab. There were multiple, separate feature enhancements requests and reported scenarios describing how the agent UI could be hidden from view or an agent is simply not aware of awaiting interaction to be answered.  That behavior leads to a waiting interaction that goes unanswered and pause additional interactions from being sent to the agent.   The new ringtone aims to remind agents of pending interactions to be answered which results in reduced customer wait time.  

The ringtone can be declined by the agent. Once the new ring tone plays, the options are for the interaction to be answered, declined, or timed out.

After the feature request was approved, the enhancement went through beta testing with a pool of customers who enrolled in the beta program. 

Please see the merged ideas here:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-593

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLCOLL-I-469

To answer the question about reverting the feature enhancement on the platform, that can't be done for a particular customer environment. The cloud is a shared service. The platform is shared by our cloud customer base. Feature releases are delivered on the platform itself not to a specific customer. Again, the options for digital alerts are to answer them, decline them or allow the time-out if the agent is not declining.

Shonte Apolinar
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 19:08
    Hi Shonte,

This issue with the non call alerts is you hear it while you are on the phone with the customer as well, when an email comes through - interferes with the call. If there is an option that that separates non call alerts and call alerts, that would be ideal

Salim Elchami
    Complete Office Supplies

• 15.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 19:23
    Hi Shonte, I understand all of that, but surely it's possible to have a checkbox or other to enable/ disable audible alerts for non voice call interactions. I can see why users would want to have audible alerts, but also why users would want to not have them.

Kristian

Kristian Andrejewskis
    A Noble & Son

• 16.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-10-2021 20:25
    Hello Kristian,

I think it is worthwhile to create an idea through the Product Idea Lab that outlines control mechanisms for non-voice interaction alerts. You may want to insert the idea link to this post so others can vote on the idea. This is the best method to engage the product development team and gain traction on the idea through our vote system.

Thank you!

Shonte Apolinar
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-10-2021 23:08
    Someone has already done this. https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-1191

I've added my vote. Will also raise it with my account Manager.

Kristian Andrejewskis
    A Noble & Son

• 18.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-11-2021 16:54

Thank you Kristian, I voted and have notified our customer to vote as well.

-For the new customer migration, we've split voice from non-voice so there will be no blended agents.

• 19.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

Posted 06-15-2021 11:26
    Edited by Gladys Galabay 06-15-2021 11:35
    Shonte
    I also have negative feedback by my customers with the ongoing alert. Is possible have 2 alternatives, the past alert and this new, of this form the customer can select that their prefer.
    And other alternative could that the customer can customize the audio
    Gladys Galabay
    High Telecommunications Sociedad de Telecomunicaciones Cia. Ltda.

• 20.  RE: Ringtone/ Audible Alert for incoming non voice interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-15-2021 13:52
    Hello Gladys,

We have a Product Ideas Lab where our customers can voice their ideas about future product releases. Our development team reviews the ideas and those that are popular get attention and feedback. This Community posted a link to their new idea about this feature. You can comment and vote on the idea which will be seen directly by our product team.

Thank you!

Shonte Apolinar
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources