Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ASR assumption of numerical input at ASK FOR SLOT

Posted 01-27-2022 17:44
    We have a challenge when asking a customer for their name when the name contains a string that sounds like a number. For example, if the caller's name is "Kate" or "Nate" the utterance history shows the input as "K8" or "N8". If I use regex to restrict the input passed in the flow to letters only, the bot at confirmation will ask "You said K, is that correct?"; stripping away the assumed number. If I set the bot to ask the name again, it sometimes corrects itself and will capture "Kate" or "Nate" at confirmation.
    ASR assuming input has a numeric value

We don't want to pass just "K" or "K8" to the agents' scripts. How are other architects overcoming this issue? I am assuming I could do an update data and swap the "8" with "ate" but just thought I would ask to get some ideas.

Much appreciated.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

• 2.  RE: ASR assumption of numerical input at ASK FOR SLOT

Posted 01-27-2022 19:08
    What are using for the slot? 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Tel: 949-268-5104
    Cell:310-350-2010
    www.Avtex.com

• 3.  RE: ASR assumption of numerical input at ASK FOR SLOT

Posted 01-28-2022 10:01
    Good morning Robert,

At the moment I have \w*\ \w* to capture first and last name. I have tried variations of [aA-zZ] and [a-zA-Z] but it's the initial input that I am seeing from the ASR that's the challenge. If I use w* the caller is unaware that "Kate" is being passed as "K8" to the agent's scripts. If I use [aA-zZ] at bot confirmation the bot may respond with "you said K, correct?" forcing the caller to say their name again. At confirmation, sometimes the bot corrects itself and says "Kate" and passes "Kate" as the variable to the agent script but inconsistently. I do have an open ticket with GenCare and they are going to present the issue to engineering. They also tossed around the idea present this issue to the Idea Lab. The idea being that at ASK FOR SLOT creation having some control in advance of letting the ASR know that the variable is all letters only, all digits only, or alphanumeric for instances such as this.

Thank you,

Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

• 4.  RE: ASR assumption of numerical input at ASK FOR SLOT

Posted 01-28-2022 10:19
    When asking for just spelling of words, you should try [a-zA-Z.-']{1,100}

For general recognition, I would try: ^.*$

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: ASR assumption of numerical input at ASK FOR SLOT

Posted 01-28-2022 15:28
    Robert,

I tried your suggestion but I think the issue relies in the ASR's input assumption.
    Shows ASR's input assumption

I believe the regex restriction/formatting comes afterward so regardless of slot type setup the value being passed to be evaluated is alphanumeric.

Thank you,

Eric

Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

• 6.  RE: ASR assumption of numerical input at ASK FOR SLOT

Posted 01-28-2022 17:04
    Sorry, I forgot you need to include a space in the regex for just letters:  [a-zA-z. -}[1-100].

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources