Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Store Data from Call flow

Posted 08-14-2019 06:19
    Hello everybody,

I am new in the world of Genesys and this is my first (and hopefully not dump) question. Is there any possibility to get Customer Data out of the Call flow and store it in a Data Table. 
    The case is:
    when a customer calls the contact center within 24 hours unsuccessfully, the priority of the call increase with ever unsuccessful call. So we have to collect and store every ANI for min. 24 hours in a data table. And every incoming call needs to be checked if the ANI is already in the Data table.
    I know i can check the ANI with a Data table lookup in the second step, but how can I get the ANI inside the Data Table in the first step?

Maybe i missed or misunderstood something. But hopefully somebody can help.

Greets

Rafael
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Rafael Kaufmann

• 2.  RE: Store Data from Call flow

GENESYS
    Posted 08-14-2019 09:14

Architect does not have a specific action to add a row to a datatable, but you could write a Data Action to do it.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-purecloud-data-actions-integration/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Store Data from Call flow

GENESYS
    Posted 08-15-2019 09:03

Another option that might fit your use case a little better would be to leverage a serverless function, like an AWS Lambda, Google Function, or Azure Function, that is tied into their respective database function.  We have a data action integration to Lambdas, and Google or Azure functions can be invoked using the Web Service Data Action integration.  Each of those platforms have a concept of "Time to Live" (TTL) in their database technologies; this will allow the entry to "age out" of the data table automatically, so you don't need to have some form of a cleanup step after the successful call.  

If I were designing the flow, I would do the check for the number in the Data Table, and if it's found then transfer transfer to another task that increases the priority of the call (or other actions you're wanting to do.  If the number isn't found in the data table, perform another data action that places the number into the data table (in case the call abandons and the person calls back in later), then proceed with your normal call flow operations.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources