Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Network Tools for GC Edges

Posted 01-24-2021 19:27
    Hi All,

I'm trying to find any documentation around the Network Tools in edge Diagnostics, I can't find anything about this becoming available in the Release Notes or the Edge and Media Tier Release Notes, also can't find anything on Resource Centre, I even tried the help within Genesys Cloud while looking at the Network Tools themselves.

These Network Tools which allow you to run nslookup, ping, route, and tracepath tests from the edge, but it seems these tools are only available on Standard v3 edges, I have a few customers using Standard v2 edges and don't have access to the tools.

Does anyone have any documentation around this?

#PlatformAdministration
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nathan Kaden
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 2.  RE: Network Tools for GC Edges

Posted 01-24-2021 20:45
    New to me as well.  Have not seen these.  I did check the API and there are some calls for this at Telephony Providers Edge (mypurecloud.com)

Looks like you can do nslookup, ping, route, and tracepath.   

These are in the Developer Tools as well, making it easy to access.  Probably we will see these in the UI fairly soon.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Network Tools for GC Edges

Posted 01-26-2021 19:13
    Nice find, I believe these API calls are what they implemented for use with the Network Tools section in the edge diagnostics

I've tested these API calls on a customer with Standard v3 edges and they work, you run the POST API for the test you want to run, then the GET API to get the results, I found this forum on the developer site which goes over it

https://developer.mypurecloud.com.au/forum/t/requesting-an-example-how-edge-diagnostics-work-please/8514

I tested these API calls on a customer with Edge Mini's and Standard v2 edges and they don't work, the POST API will get 202 Accepted, but when you run the GET API you get back the below, so these are only available on the Standard v3 Edges.

{
    "commandCorrelationId": "<Unique ID removed>",
    "diagnostics": "Not implemented"
    }

Nathan Kaden
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 4.  RE: Network Tools for GC Edges

Posted 01-26-2021 23:44
    These tools being available on the V3 Edges is new to me too and it's very welcome so thanks for this thread.  Actually was able to make use of it earlier today during a P1 at a client site and it came in very handy.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources