Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Change the Edge name when replacing the Edge.

Posted 10-16-2020 04:46
    Edited by HIROTO YAMAMOTO 10-16-2020 05:22
    Hi There,

When you replace the Edge, you make the Edge "out of service" and move the phone to the secondary Edge, but when you configure the new Edge, you configure the Edge name with the new name.
    Does the phone automatically connect to the primary Edge when I change the Edge back to "In-Service" with the new name?

The IP address inherits the same settings.

The link I referred to.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/replace-an-edge/

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/phone-redundancy/

Regards,
    Hiroto Yamamoto,
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    HIROTO YAMAMOTO
    Mitsui Knowledge Industry Co., Ltd

• 2.  RE: Change the Edge name when replacing the Edge.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2020 09:15
    Once the renamed Edge is brought back into service phones will be assigned to it, but initially it will be assigned as the secondary Edge assignment for the phones.  Phones do not have specific primary and secondary Edges, rather the assignments are dynamic based on the Edges that are available to it in the sites.  How many phones are assigned to the Edge is dependent on how many Edges you have in the site.  

If you want to force phones to the new Edge for testing you can take one of the other Edges out of service to force a rebalance.

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Change the Edge name when replacing the Edge.

Posted 10-19-2020 01:10
      |   view attached
    Hello @Phil Whitener,

Thank you for your reply.

See the attachment named "Change the Edge name when replacing the Edge.xlsx".
    I made a sequence diagram based on Phil's answer, but do you recognize it?

If the IP address and Edge name of Edge are the same and exchanged, will the connection between "Primary Edge" and "Secondary Edge" of the phone be in the state of Sequence 4?
    Or will it be in sequence 6?

I want to quickly return the phone connection with the Edge exchanged to the state of Sequence 1.

Regards,
    Hiroto Yamamoto,
    #Telephony
    #PhilWhitener

HIROTO YAMAMOTO
    ​​​​

HIROTO YAMAMOTO

• 4.  RE: Change the Edge name when replacing the Edge.
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2020 08:49
    The illustration looks correct as is.  Once you replace the Edge I would expect it to first go to sequence 4.  By taking Edge B out of service you will force it to proceed to Sequence 5.  The path to Sequence 6 is automated and will not happen immediately.   If you want to force that process, you can use the API endpoint, detailed here: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/telephonyprovidersedge/#post-api-v2-telephony-providers-edges-sites--siteId--rebalance.   As a note, you can use that following Sequence 4 and skip Seq 5, but I feel it is a good test following this maintenance to test calls while only Edge_C is available to fully test the new configuration.

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Change the Edge name when replacing the Edge.

Posted 10-19-2020 22:30
    Hello @Phil Whitener,

I checked the Resource Center to find out when the phone will "rebalanced", but I couldn't find it.
    Do you know any material that describes the conditions and timing for rebalancing to start somewhere?

Regards,
    Hiroto Yamamoto,
    #Telephony
    #PhilWhitener

HIROTO YAMAMOTO

• 6.  RE: Change the Edge name when replacing the Edge.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-20-2020 11:30
    There is no time or schedule when phones are rebalanced.  Taking an Edge out of service or bringing an Edge into service is the event that causes the highest case of phones re-balancing as well there is an API endpoint mentioned earlier to invoke it; however, the system will not incur any scheduled mass rebalances.  There are reviews that happen automatically and phones can be re-balanced individually at times in effort to keep the Edge distribution and load balanced.

Phil Whitener
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Change the Edge name when replacing the Edge.

Posted 10-21-2020 00:32
    Hello @Phil Whitener,

Thank you for telling me a lot.
    Perform a verification test to confirm.

Regards,
    Hiroto Yamamoto,
    #Telephony
    #PhilWhitener

HIROTO YAMAMOTO

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources