Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Stuck Sessions in Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-06-2022 05:44
    One of our users reported that they were not receiving any contact center calls. When i looked into it they were showing as interacting for five days. I could not find the interaction id so i logged it with support and they cleared it.

We are new to Genesys Cloud and i am wondering how much of a problem you are having with stuck interactions and is there any way of finding them before the user reports that they are not getting calls.

Andrew
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Andrew Lewis
    Health Management Ltd

• 2.  RE: Stuck Sessions in Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-06-2022 05:53
    Hi Andrew -
    We have this happen from time to time - probably twice a month. Unfortunately, we haven't found a way to be proactively alerted about this. Usually, a call center manager will identify the issue when looking at data in our agent dashboards. We've trained our Customer Operations team on how to disconnect the interactions in the Admin screen of the application. 
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/disconnect-interactions/

If that doesn't work, the issue gets escalated to my team and we attempt to disconnect the interaction via API, using/api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/disconnect in the API explorer. 

If that doesn't work, we open a case with Genesys Care to investigate. 

I hope this helps!

Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

• 3.  RE: Stuck Sessions in Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-06-2022 06:39
    Thanks Cory.

Andrew Lewis
    Health Management Ltd

• 4.  RE: Stuck Sessions in Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-12-2022 10:34
    Hi
    We reported recently something similar where one of our agents was showing interacting while he had already long left his shift. We were not able to terminate the interaction ourselves though.
    Geneys support responded that they run a batch that will catch any such interaction - if lasting for for more then 48hrs and will terminate it automatically.
    We asked Genesys if ther was a way for them to present a report each time the batch job was terminating such interaction , but we were told this was not possible 
    Such interaction is of course skewing any report invovling that user untill the bactch terminate the interaction
    Maybe we could raise an idea in Aha to see if such functionality could be added  
    Tx

Renaud Larcier
    Travelport

• 5.  RE: Stuck Sessions in Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-13-2022 02:33
    We experience the same issues with customers and we always have to log a support ticket to have it resolved. This is not very productive.
    The disconnect interaction function hardly works when this happens.

Dewald Smit
    Altron Systems Integration a Division of Altron TMT (Pty) Ltd

• 6.  RE: Stuck Sessions in Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-13-2022 03:35
    Hello Andrew

We also experience this across multiple Orgs, in this scenario there is not an open interaction on the agent so nothing to disconnect. It was explained to us that the interacting state is held up in analytics so requires to be cleared in back-end which once logged with support has happened quickly. 

Similar to what you had with the 5 days locked in state, we have had users stuck like this longer than the theoretical 48 hours cleardown.

In the scenario where an interaction has ended but is still seen as open because end event has not been received by back-end (interaction does not have an end date and time) this can be disconnected in Admin -> Routing -> Disconnect Interactions.

Thanks and regards
    Blair Wilkinson
    CVT Global Enablement

• 7.  RE: Stuck Sessions in Genesys Cloud

Posted 05-13-2022 03:56
    Thanks for your help. I have let our  user know about this.

Andrew Lewis
    Health Management Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources