Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Has there been any discussion of adding Infomart to Cloud?

Posted 04-29-2021 17:49
    Having benefitted from Infomart for over 15 years, I am wondering if there has been any discussion about putting a datamart on the Cloud roadmap?
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

• 2.  RE: Has there been any discussion of adding Infomart to Cloud?

Posted 04-29-2021 18:17
    I'd have to imagine not Kevin.  There is the datalake "mart" available through the APIs already and the approach thus far seems to be pushing Genesys Cloud customers towards using those APIs to feed into their own BI tools, so fully replacing the whole Gi2 type approach that's been around for years on the Engage side.  As you know, even GCXI still fundamentally makes use of Info Mart.  Plus there's a few integrators/partners out there that have developed AppFoundry solutions that do some of that, so I imagine there'd be some unhappy Genesys partners if Genesys did go back down that road again.  

That lack of being able to build custom reports "out of the box" natively is something that caused me some frustration, but it's become quite obvious that the focus now is on APIs or performance views rather than reporting.

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Has there been any discussion of adding Infomart to Cloud?

Posted 04-29-2021 18:42

Thanks Vaun. I am looking at the APIs but thinking that a massive user base would choke this pretty fast. Say 200Gb/day or more, all via API? Ouch. Doing extracts from Infomart to send 3-4 times/day to the customer's local datamart was doable via SFTP.

I realize the architecture is different, so not suggesting the Engage reporting architecture, was just thinking of getting that data into a central repository in raw format. However it can be accomplished.

As for partners, those solutions seem to be developed for smaller customers. I doubt that Genesys would be upsetting them for large enterprise account datamarts. But all conjecture at this point. The additional functionality that a datamart can provide isn't just reporting, but extends to things like which customers are calling repeatedly, what are the minute to minute call volume reactions to TV or radio campaigns, etc. And merging the Genesys data with external application data for even more value.

Will continue to look into the APIs, but doing so with an initial thought that it can't scale for large customers.  I hope that I am wrong!

Thanks again for your feedback.

• 4.  RE: Has there been any discussion of adding Infomart to Cloud?

Posted 04-30-2021 03:33
    From my experience GC API is very good, especially if to use Jobs to extract historical data or Notifications API for real-time data. Its possible to build very powerful reports on multiple platforms. API nowadays an industry standard for all types of integrations. And I see Genesys continually improving their API.

Noralogix specialized in Cloud space, primarily Azure. We running GC Jobs and Notifications on daily bases and pushing data to Azure Storage. No problem for us to deal even with Terabytes of data and we can easily scale our solution.

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

• 5.  RE: Has there been any discussion of adding Infomart to Cloud?
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-01-2021 09:43
    Hi Kevin -
    I hope you are doing well. 

Yes, as mentioned above Genesys Cloud added the Jobs endpoint to  address the need for access to longer term historical data with consistent performance. If you need the access to next day+ data then the Jobs endpoint will meet your needs. I know that back in the day (~12 years ago) on Engage we had to do lots of performance testing to support a large InfoMart customer that was doing 8M calls/day at 120 CAPS, 140 KVPs and a ridiculous amount of aggregates.

The amount of data that is generated daily has increased significantly since then and AWS has some great technologies available which are are able to leverage.

Cheers

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Has there been any discussion of adding Infomart to Cloud?

Posted 05-06-2021 16:45

Don, Thank you!  BTW, that customer you mentioned may have been my team.

I will dissect the API to make sure it contains everything we may need. The first few I looked at were views and they won't work for us as we want the raw data not aggregated or filtered.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources