Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

• 1.  Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 02-25-2021 18:15
    Hi guys

Can someone please tell me the implications from a WFM/metrics monitoring and reporting perspective when having email come in to Genesys Cloud directly vs coming through the SF email to case function and integration?

In both cases, how is AHT and other metrics stored, reported on etc for general reporting and for WFM planning, forecasting and scheduling?

I'm recommending to a customer that they go with emails entering SF first using email to case but I need to know what issues we may have downstream from that decision.

Thanks

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 02-26-2021 00:17
    I would not recommend you route the cases through SFDC for emails.  Yes, you can use the Case to Email functionality to create the cases as needed, but I would then use case notification as Email to a queue in Genesys Cloud with the case number in the subject and use that to pop the case.  That way you get full reconciliation of all aspects and you get the SFDC case creation.  Agent will get the email, work the case then close the email and you can initiate screen recording and have full reporting of time to work cases for WFM to schedule with.  Best of both worlds.  Need more help with this?  Contact me or anyone at Avtex.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 02-26-2021 02:22
    Thanks Robert, that sounds interesting and isn't something that I'd come across as an option until now.  Sorry I'm not in a position to reach out to someone commercially on this as the customer themselves has a completely separate SF vendor relationship that we only have limited input on and that has already presented some challenges.

But if I'm following you correctly, rather than use the integration piece where there's a recommendation to use a process builder flow to direct the email as a third party interaction to a queue or email flow, you're saying to instead have some notification/forward mechanism (I don't know where that would be in SF) which goes to a completely separate email address which is setup under the standard domain/mailbox email settings in Genesys Cloud?  Would it be something along the lines of creating a "queue" in SF that has an email address which in turn is mapped within Genesys?  Then the queue becomes the default case owner for new cases?

In that scenario, I'm guessing email response and content is now within Genesys Cloud, but if the customer did want that content in SF there's an activity mapping item to take that over similar to chat transcripts to add it as a task against the case's activity log?  How would manually initiated outbound emails work under that scenario or email campaigns?

I'm trying to get a handle on how the email threading and content work under that scenario.

Once we present a list of options to the customer, if they happen to still opt for email to case and use the process builder/integration as a third party email, how would that track as far as metrics for WFM go?  To me it's a big enough problem that way not having email addressing or subject details within Genesys Cloud so your suggestion here really appeals to me.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 02-27-2021 22:43
    Yes, pretty much it.  

You will need an Email flow to extract the case number and set the SF_URLSearch attribute.  Yes, all these emails will be tracked for WFM where the SFDC routing would not be.  The time to handle each case would be the time from pickup of the Email until they disconnect it.  

Don't even try to think about using both routing platforms and still maintain reporting and WFM.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 5.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 02-27-2021 03:05
    Hey Robert, I've taken a look at this today and I think I'm getting the picture of what you're mentioning here.  

Email to case to create the case, custom notification sent via process builder to a queue in SFDC that has as it's email address an address configured in Genesys Cloud.  The email received in Genesys Cloud is just the notification but not the original email that created the case to begin with, so the email content and thread would still be stored in SFDC, including the from/to addressing which still won't be visible in Genesys Cloud (the no-reply address from SFDC comes through to Genesys).  That sounds similar to what would happen if process builder sent the email through to the normal integration routing method to a queue or inbound email flow.

Have I missed a step?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 6.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 02-27-2021 23:15
    I'm not really picking up on the benefit of using a custom notification vs using the integration via process builder to send the email through.  In the case of using the integration, the agent would still get the email delivered - but as a third party interaction/email, and would still need to end/disconnect it after processing the actual email content and responses in SF.  If anything I'd think the custom notification has the risk of agents inadvertently (or lazily) trying to reply within Genesys Cloud to the no-reply address.  Wouldn't that also provide handle time through to WFM or does WFM ignore something that's flagged as a third party interaction like the integration>Genesys flow/queue would be?

It would be brilliant if there was a way to pull out some content from the original email and put that into the information of the interaction/conversation record in Genesys Cloud.

I guess one other alternative too is to just go back to having email come directly into Genesys Cloud, have the inbound email flow find the contact in SF based on email address, search for existing cases, and if none pop the new case screen.  But then the issue I see with that is tying the threads together and identifying the existing case in SFDC from multiple cases, or even just taking the easy way out and popping only the contact record.

Probably comes back to what Richard mentioned a while ago that it's an open field (maze) with many different paths to take.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-07-2021 19:02
    Hi Robert, so what are the pros/cons of using a notification email that goes through to Genesys Cloud via it's native email processing vs process builder that goes directly to a queue/flow?  Neither have the email content but they both need an answer/end from the agent even though handling/responses are in SF for both.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 8.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-07-2021 21:13
    The main problems with routing emails through Salesforce:
    • No control over utilization.
    • No reporting of interactions in Salesforce
    • No screen recording for Email interactions
    • No quality management, sentiment analysis, or topic spotting
    • No status sync between platforms
    • No way to schedule Email in WFM
    • No wrap-up codes or reporting
    Pros for using my method:
    • Salesforce can process Email and create tickets
    • All interactions are routed in Genesys
    • All reporting/QM/WFM in Genesys
    Only Con is that agents have to answer Email in Salesforce and then disconnect in Genesys.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 9.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-07-2021 21:21
    Thanks Robert

We were looking at the actual integration from AppFoundry that does provide for an embedded client in SF that enables wrap-up codes etc and you still get handle time etc in Genesys, just not the remote/from/to information or email content.  The benefit to your method of using the custom notification instead is that we still get an email interaction into Genesys, but unlike the integration option it would include an actual subject which contains case number/id etc.

So both with the integration and with the custom notification you still get the interactions routed in Genesys, you're not having to worry about syncing against SF omnichannel.  But you do still lose sentiment/content analysis in both as you say.

Again in both the agent still has to answer email in Salesforce and then disconnect in Genesys.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 10.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-08-2021 02:42
    Hi Robert,

I dont get the difference of your option to the email 2 case routing. With the process Builder you can sent all attributes from SF to Genesys.
    How do you do the custom notification? Is this also thru the Process Builder?
    Or do you really sent  the SF Email then to the Genesys Email address?

Rene Perez Solis
    Service Architect

• 11.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-08-2021 03:55
    Hi Rene you essentially build the custom notification template then use that within process builder.  But with each option after using email to case you still miss out on getting the email content and from/to information in Genesys Cloud.  The benefit to Robert's idea of using a custom notification is that you can at least have some level of control over the subject and body but that's more to pass through the case ID that you can then pull out in your architect email flow to build up the SF pop data.  It would be ideal if you could take those attributes that are passed through and overwrite from/to in Architect.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 12.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-11-2021 02:36
    Hi Vaun, we sent the attributes directly with the process builder and then use the from/to address in the email routing.
    I agree it would be nice to overwrite the standard from/to address to use this in genesys reports etc.
    But I wonder how robert get the quality management working with the email data? becasue this will still not be possible or am i wrong?

Rene Perez Solis
    Service Architect

• 13.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-11-2021 09:49
    This is exactly why you want to avoid using two different routing engines.  Once you try to use Salesforce for routing you have to worry about all the things that Genesys does so much better.  In your case, you bcc an account that is sent to Genesys and then processed and disconnected.  You don't get the agent reference to it aside from the first email, but using SFDC has many disadvantages when it comes to contact center functionality.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 14.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-12-2021 02:42
    Hi Robert, I'm not a salesforce expert so maybe this is why I still dont get the differences of how you suggested it.
    So you use the Email 2 case funcationality in salesforce but instead of sending the attributes of the mail with the process builder, you sent the complete mail to a queue in Genesys. Then in architect you use the case id to do the salesforce screen pop up. Is this correct?

kind regards

Rene Perez Solis
    Service Architect

• 15.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-12-2021 10:53
    That is correct.  That way status sync is not a problem and you get all the WEM and QM pieces of Genesys.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 16.  RE: Email via Salesforce (email to case) vs Email via Genesys Cloud (using integration) and WFM/metrics

Posted 03-14-2021 14:38
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 03-14-2021 14:42
    Sorry Robert, can you please clarify here when you say correct to "sent the complete mail to a queue in Genesys".  At what point are you doing this? Forwarding a copy within Exchange etc at the same time as it goes to the email to case address?  Something done within process builder that modifies the original content or subject to include a case number but still "forwards" the original email?

1. AppFoundry integration to queue via process builder
      1. Doesn't have email content, or from/to/subject from original email
    2. Sending to an SFDC queue with an email address that's configured in Genesys Cloud via custom notification.
      1. The email comes through as a notification email, not the original email, so again you don't have original from/to/subject/content
    3. Something else?

I'm guessing from what you're saying, the mechanism you're talking about has the email to case work, but somehow the original email and it's original content and metadata are also sent through to Genesys Cloud.  But agents need to be trained to NOT reply to that email but to go into SFDC for replies etc.  They would accept the interaction but would just disconnect/end it when they've processed it within SFDC. 

I assume the same goes for follow-ups on the same case thread?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources