Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Performance Tab - question on design

Posted 07-28-2021 11:44
    Hi,

This is not so much of an issue but rather a question:
    • On the Performance drop-down, there is an options for Queues Activity and for Queues BUT both end up on the same 'screen' - that is, the list of queues with a tab for Activity and a tab for Performance.
    • There is also a drop-down for Agents which end's up on a 'screen' with a list of agents and with tabs for Performance, Statuses, Evaluations, Leaderboards, and Development.
    Why are the Agents tabs not listed separately on the Performance drop-down list but the Queues tabs are? Yes, this is a nit but it is confusing to me that the Queues have 2 items on the drop-down - took me several times before I realized they both end up in the same 'screen' and data. Should I submit an Idea? I have been submitting a couple already regarding the UI designs but started to wonder if that is what I should be doing?

Outi
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Outi Cornette
    Humana Inc.

• 2.  RE: Performance Tab - question on design

Posted 07-28-2021 20:09
    One answer - screen space.  I have a performance menu with more entries than I can view on my screen.  If you added those, then it would be endless and I could not access the ones at the bottom.  Problem solved:  Tabbed Workspace Interface. This currently in Beta and should be out soon.   Here are some views:

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Performance Tab - question on design

Posted 07-29-2021 09:43
    Hi Robert,

Yes, I have heard about the tabbed workspace and it will be a HUGE improvement because it will allow the user to have multiple different pieces open without having to return the main menu and reload again.

I am actually talking of something more simple and it is obviously a matter of opinions. But unfortunately I am all about consistency in design and usability :) And yes, sometimes slow to make the connections too - in this case the Queues Activities and Queues selections end up on the same 'screen' - they just open the diff tabs on entry. I don't know how many weeks it took me to realize that LOL. For Agents, it does not list all the tabs and you always land on the first tab. So from consistency point, the menu options should be at the same 'level'. And from usability point of view, I would remove the Queues Activities and have the Queues menu option land on the Activities tab.

Other areas of inconsistencies are the number of rows that can be displayed on a screen. Some screens don't give you an option to override the default so you are stuck with 9 pages for 400+ agents (we will have 25K people on this system when all done), some pages you can view up to 100 rows per page and on others you can go up to 200. Some pages have filters and some do not even when it would make so much sense. (Permissions you can filter by assigned permissions, while for queues you have no such option) - I submitted couple of 'Ideas' yesterday to get some of these addressed but then thought maybe I should come this route first?

Outi Cornette
    Humana Inc.

• 4.  RE: Performance Tab - question on design

Posted 07-29-2021 09:59
    Good comments and ideas.  Are you active on the ideas site at:  Genesys Cloud Ideas Lab (aha.io)?  I suggest you search there and add some of these to the site or vote on the ones already there.  I'll bring up your comments to some of the PM's as well.  I know @Chris Boling is working on Workspace now and will be very interested in the feedback. 

I too am a stickler for consistency with things like options being in the upper right corner for one screen and the upper left in another or using duplicate instead of copy like it is everywhere else.  We can all feed back this info to PM's through this site and the ideas site and I can say for sure that all the Genesys PM's and developers appreciate and really apply what they read from us.  ​

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Performance Tab - question on design

Posted 07-29-2021 11:56
    Yes, I am on the Ideas Lab and I did search around there for these things but didn't find good matches. It would be helpful if they added a category for usability/UI since all the current categories are very focused on functionality. And I agree, the Genesys team is right on top of both this forum and the Ideas Lab and I have gotten good responses from them. Plus I have a few Genesys SMEs on our project - Kevin Brown mentioned he knows you :) - I have been calling on him to help me do sanity check on the permissions side of the system.

Outi Cornette
    Humana Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources