Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Separate Audio configuration for alerts and voicemails

Posted 02-05-2019 16:24

Several Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are reporting missing calls in Genesys. I think part of the cause is they cannot hear call alerts unless they have their headset on.  No one wants to keep their headset on all the time, it gets uncomfortable. When they take their headset off they can't always hear alerts in a noisy call center.

Unfortunately, Genesys doesn't allow you to configure separate audio devices for alerts and voicemail-playback.  You can only configure the mic and speakers for voice calls but alerts and voicemails-playback both use the system default audio device.

For a CSR to hear alerts over their speakers a technician needs to go to the CRS desk and configure a default audio device with external speakers. Then the technician or CSR needs to configure the headset for voice calls (mic and speakers).  This configuration allows the CSR to hear the incoming call alerts over an external speaker but now voicemails play over the external speakers too. This violates HIPPA regulations. We cannot have CSRs playing voicemails which may contain confidential patient information over an external speaker for anyone around them to hear.  To avoid this the CSRs would need to go back and configure their headset as the default playback device under the system audio controls. Once they are done listening to voicemails they would need to go back and configure an audio device with external speakers to hear call alerts over an external speaker. This need to constantly reconfiguring audio devices is unrealistic, especially for non-technical people.

Genesys PureCloud needs separate drop-down menus for each Audio configuration: voice calls, alerts and voicemails.

It would be great to have admin control over the default audio devices but that would require detecting audio devices for each system - I don't know if that's realistic.

It would also be great to be able to choose / upload different ringtones.  In a noisy call center, it can be difficult to determine whose phone is ringing when all the ringtones are the same.

#Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Stuart Gormley
    Agilon Health
    VoIP System Administrator

• 2.  RE: Separate Audio configuration for alerts and voicemails

Posted 12-11-2019 00:21
    Not sure when we will see this, but there are advanced sounds settings for phone ringers already delivered or close to be delivered.  Check with your Genesys contact when it will be released or if I hear, I'll repost here.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources