Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

• 1.  Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-18-2021 22:39
    Hi community,

I am looking for web sites that contains information about known issues for GenesysCloud.
    But only found is about GenesysEngage.

Does anyone know whether or not this kind of web site exist?
    Checking known issues before opening a support case or creating thread in community would be effective and time-saving,

Thank you
    Tetsuro
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    哲朗 藤澤
    TSUZUKI DENKI CO LTD

• 2.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-18-2021 23:21
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 05-18-2021 23:21
    https://status.mypurecloud.com

Although this rightly generally only shows wide spread issues, and not something just within your own org/customer.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-19-2021 00:09
    Thank you for leaving a comment!

What I would like to check is that the list of bugs which is currently found in GenesysCloud.
    For example, one of my customer is experiencing automatic hold during conversation with GenesysCloud for Salesforce.
    During an interaction, the call automatically placed on hold for many times !!!
    And I opened a case in which the customer care told me that the issue is already acknowledged and under investigation.

So, I thought that web sites that shows these kind of known issues would be helpful!

哲朗 藤澤
    TSUZUKI DENKI CO LTD

• 4.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-25-2021 23:45
    Also very keen to see a published list of known bugs.

We're drowning in issues at the moment, all seemingly related to WebRTC connections/websockets becoming dropped/confused over the status of our agents which is resulting in dropped calls, agents going offline, agents being signed out, etc.

We've been advised by support there are "known issues" which are being investigated, but its very unclear which of the issues we're experiencing are known/related. My fear of course is that Genesys soon release a fix to a problem which goes nowhere towards fixing the issues we're experiencing.

Aaron Townley
    Australian Institute of Company Directors

• 5.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-26-2021 19:11

Aaron,

Are you opening a support ticket for each issue?

I've always held a weekly ticket review meeting with Genesys to understand where each ticket is in resolution status. This drives Genesys to doing research on similar previous or concurrent issues with other customers.  If you have too many open tickets and if there are any very old, then it is time to escalate within Genesys for resolution. It's not unusual for those of us in the communities to swap spreadsheets of open tickets to look for similarities.

• 6.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-27-2021 02:39
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. Our Genesys solution has been delivered via a local partner, and the partner has been raising support tickets and managing that side of things on our behalf (I've not asked for visibility over the individual support tickets - we trust our partner is doing a great job of managing this for us).

As per the original post in this thread, as an end-customer not only would it save us huge amounts of time by not having to troubleshoot issues which are already known of, but by simply publishing a list of known bugs that would give us greater confidence that Genesys understand the issues and are focusing on the problems which are relevant to us.

I understand Genesys will have their reasons not to overshare this type of information, but I replied to support he original requester as greater transparency would definitely help with our current situation.

Cheers
    Aaron

Aaron Townley
    Australian Institute of Company Directors

• 7.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-27-2021 20:12
    Hi Aaron
    I don't know if this is helpful but we have recently (2 months ago) moved to Genesys Cloud and are using WebRTC phones.  We used to use the Genesys On Premise solution which had a supervisors UI that our staff preferred . I mention this as they now often open multiple Genesys windows to be able to monitor and track everything they need.  They are my user group that reports the most issues with the system - intermittent error messages that pop up and which require them to refresh or  log out to move past. I've been reporting some of these to Product Support but have trouble providing logs to support the issues as I never know when they are going to crop up and we operate 24x7.  The users aren't confident enough to turn their own log files on. 

Anyway, the feedback from Product Support is that the log files show that our staff use multiple windows and this isn't supported by Genesys.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/faqs/why-do-multiple-concurrent-logins-cause-problems/

Another use case I think might be relevant to our issues (but I can't reliably substantiate it yet) is that we use the CTI integration with salesforce, and when reviewing with users that report issues, a common theme seems to be that they are answering the call directly in Genesys Cloud, rather than use the embedded CTI window in Salesforce, but they have the CTI window in Salesforce open on another monitor too. I am trying to direct them to only use the salesforce CTI window.

Would this be relevant to your situation?
    Anne

Anne Williams
    Lifeline

• 8.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-27-2021 20:49
    Edited by Kevin Brown 05-27-2021 20:49
    I will ask Vic to create Genesys Pure Cloud and Engage Cloud forums on his site:  Genesys CTI User Forum

• 9.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-27-2021 20:56
    Hi Kevin

As much as I like Vic's forums and have used that quite a bit in the past for Engage on-premise stuff, we have to be careful not to dilute things too much.  I think I'd rather see more people participating in this community here as it does give somewhat of a link directly in to Genesys with some of the product team actively interacting with us in threads.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 10.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 05-28-2021 11:22

Vaun,

I'll message you when you accept my contact request.

Kevin

• 11.  RE: Checking known issue for GenesysCloud

Posted 07-05-2022 14:52
    Tetsuro,
    I would like to see this also. I found a similar user that put this on the ideas page. If you like it then vote for it so Genesys creates a page of known issues. 
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OP-I-493

Ryan Ness

Ryan Ness
    LeafFilter North, LLC.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources