Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Routing SFDC Live Agent to be Distributed with Calls & Email

Posted 07-31-2019 02:27
    Edited by Jason Ball 07-31-2019 02:28
    Our client uses Salesforce Service cloud for CRM, including Email handling, and PureCloud for Calls, ACD, Monitoring, QA etc.

We routed email activity data into PureCloud (as described in below article) and it works well, allowing real-time monitoring, reporting, QA assessments (of emails still stored in SFDC) and importantly, integration with Queues an Call ACD:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-routing-salesforce-emails-in-purecloud-for-salesforce/

What the client also uses is Salesforce Classic Live Agent, and Call Center managers looking at it running independently in regards to Chat allocation based on Skills assignment in Live Agent (works like Queues), from Calls and Emails handled seamlessly in PureCloud and they are asking why can't we have PureCloud distribute Live Agent Chat inquiries also.

Can they? It isn't clear to me (though I am not Technical Support).

This sort of 'suggest' it can but there is no supporting section such as there is for Email routing above, that I can find:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-chats-in-the-purecloud-embedded-clients/

PC4SFDC-Chats
    Can anyone answer whether this is possible, how and where can I send my (mostly SFDC skilled) engineers to investigate how to implement & test it?

Thanks

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Jason Ball
    Pactera Japan (for Fast Retailing)
    Japan

• 2.  RE: Routing SFDC Live Agent to be Distributed with Calls & Email

GENESYS
    Posted 08-01-2019 10:16
    Jason,

At this time we do not have an integration with LiveAgent chats on Salesforce.  Those interactions are not exposed through the Salesforce platform in the same manner that we use for other objects to route through PureCloud.  There are a couple potential options we're exploring for leveraging the Salesforce Omni-Channel External Routing APIs, but there are no release dates I can share around those efforts.  If you're interested in exploring your own integration opportunities for Salesforce chats, that would be where I would recommend starting.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Routing SFDC Live Agent to be Distributed with Calls & Email

Posted 08-02-2019 01:48
    Edited by Jason Ball 08-02-2019 02:02
    Thanks.

as you probably understand, this makes ACD of Chat and ACD of Calls and Email, Independent - Not ideal and something most Call Center leads would not want to do (have to handle this issue operationally, negating many benefits).

If the roadmap is visible, I'd be keen to hear it.

Our clients, client - internal US based, Customer Service and Contact Center management, are not going to want to 'pay' upfront for GHQ so unless GHQ wanted to drive this as a priority for their global Contact Center product ahead of other things, I'm not confident they will initiate a development project to solve the issue.

do you think it is possible with skilled SFDC Service Cloud team, and PureCloud API's? How much would Genesys work with us on this in the PureCloud side? We don't have high skilled PureCloud support staff engaged.

thanks for the prompt reply.

Jason Ball
    Pactera (for Fast Retailing)
    Japan

• 4.  RE: Routing SFDC Live Agent to be Distributed with Calls & Email

GENESYS
    Posted 08-02-2019 09:00

We're still in the investigative phase on implementing the SFDC Omni-Channel External Routing API's, so there are no firm dates on this.  

That said, it generally appears like these APIs will be compatible with the 3rd party chat and email APIs for PureCloud: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/tutorials/chat-email-routing/index.html?language=nodejs&step=1

Building for a single customer/instance would be significantly easier that our development efforts that will need to support all PureCloud customers at once.  

Help for implementing PureCloud APIs can be found in the developer forums.  We have a very active community that participates in those forums, so you should have plenty of help pursuing such a thing.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources