Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

• 1.  Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 08-04-2021 20:00
    Hello Genesys, 

I am trying to figure out required components needed for integrating with teams to be able to transfer/make calls to teams members.

Going through this config, azure side is clear, it looks like app needs to be created there, in genesys side team integration needs to be added(its done already)

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-the-microsoft-teams-integration/

How will calling work from Genesys Cloud's perspective(Genesys Cloud Voice) to Teams? Is there need to be a SIP trunk setup between genesys cloud and teams sbc? In our case of Genesys Cloud Voice not BYOC, how is the SIP connectivity established with Teams users.

thanks in advance
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Azamat Rustamov
    Cerium Networks

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 02-16-2022 18:05
    Hey Azamat,
    I'm wondering if you are seeing issues with this integration when a Teams person pushes a call to voicemail or is not available?

Julie Rohloff
    Electroline Data Communications Inc

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 02-17-2022 08:50
    We had similar issues.  

If you have already set up the Azure integration and also installed the integration on the Genesys side, as per the documentation.  There are a few things to check.

• Agents need to sign into the App in genesys cloud
    • AND you need to have all Teams users synced over to Genesys Cloud and they ALL have to have the "Microsoft Teams User" Role.

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 02-17-2022 18:50
    Basically i was able to answer my own question. We didnt have to have a direct sip trunk with teams via SBC.
    When you try to transfer a call to Teams person in Genesys(you lookup the name and click on that person with teams icon), it will transfer to a phone number that is synchronized from Azure and is put under "other phone" field in Genesys.   

Most of the time, the synced number will be a valid DID so you should be able to route to teams through Genesys Cloud Voice. but having a direct sip trunk via SBC would be beneficial as it will be cheaper to route calls or you can assign non DID numbers.
    Also, as far as i know you only need to give Microsoft teams role to people who will actually be logging in to Genesys and transferring calls, not everybody who was synchronized from Azure.  

For voicemail, in Genesys agents should have Communicate user role to have voicemail box.

Azamat Rustamov
    Cerium Networks

• 5.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 02-18-2022 03:38
    Great that it is working  BUT if you want to see the actual statuses of everyone, you are going to have to assign the Teams Role to all users you want to see the statuses of.  You will not be paying for all the licenses though,  only the ones of logged in Agent ;)

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

• 6.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 03-16-2022 22:44
    I have a similar issue getting presence working. My read of what you are saying is that the Teams users needs the Teams role assigned, though when I go to do that it pops a  dialog as below indicating it consumes a Communicate licence as opposed to Collaborate I would think this is then chargable?

David Murpphy
    TeleApps Services Pty Ltd

• 7.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 12-15-2022 16:08
    Hi Gents

Just on the teams setup - i have installed the app into Genesys cloud , setup azure and pushed a few users across

How ever nothing shows in the teams section when attempting a transfer , but the users do show in the normal Genesys directory

And no presence

Any hits would be appreciated

Thanks

DR

David Ragon
    Ethan Global Pty Ltd (t/a Ethan)

• 8.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 12-15-2022 18:08
    hi David

have you mapped the telephoneNumber and objectId fileds?

also, is your Genesys Cloud user signed into Teams App within Genesys Cloud under Apps menu?

Cheers
    Zubair

Muhammad Zubair Awan

• 9.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 12-15-2022 18:22
    Hi Zubair

Yes i updated and appears to be working thanks

Seems to be a disconnect on the presence as in the directory shows the MST user as offline , but transferring a call they show as online..not sure if you have seen this , possibly a browser issue...

Thanks

DR

David Ragon

• 10.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 12-15-2022 18:58
    Hi David

Thats the current supported behavior i.e. Teams presence is only visible when performing a call transfer. 

However, there is a feature currently in limited Beta that allows you to see the Teams presence using standard directory search. Hopefully its coming soon!

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/UCC-I-256

Cheers
    Zubair

Muhammad Zubair Awan

• 11.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 12-15-2022 20:47
    Hi Zubair

Thanks for the reply

One last thing do you have any input on the messaging - if i click the message icon next to a teams user where does this go ? it doesnt arrive in the native teams chat and it doesnt it arrive to a teams user if they are using the Genesys app within the teams client

Thanks

DR

David Ragon

• 12.  RE: Genesys Cloud - Microsoft Teams

Posted 12-16-2022 02:25

hi David

I would expect the chat to go to Genesys Cloud Client. Have you tried getting the Teams user to login to Genesys Cloud via browser and see if chat is received?

I haven't used the Genesys App within Teams client much so unsure about the behavior. 

Thanks

Zubair

Muhammad Zubair Awan

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources