Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

• 1.  Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 06-25-2020 01:08
    Hello people,

I'll talk a little about my environment,
    I have an Organization (ORG) with some service fronts separated by divisions, with Purecloud2 licensing.
    however, another team will use Purecloud3 licensing, so a new Organization (ORG) was created, because as informed they cannot have these 2 licenses in the same Organization (ORG), but my question is, how can I transfer a call from an Organization ( ORG) to another, how can I integrate these Organizations (ORG)?

example:
    ORG1 = Time-1, Time-2, Time-3
    ORG2 = Time-4

Time-1 agent received a call and needs to transfer that call to Time-4.
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Gabriel Galbieri
    Brasil Foods
    BRF SA
    -

• 2.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 06-25-2020 01:21
    Hi Gabriel

What are the PC3 license features that they're needing which aren't available to them in PC2?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 06-25-2020 01:52
    Why couldn't you use the digital upgrade for just those users with your PC2 and keep them on the same ORG.  You will need a BI package like Power BI to join daya from two Orgs.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 4.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 06-26-2020 03:55
    Hi Gabriel,

Are these organisations both part of the same network? If so you could potentially tie the two together using a SIP trunk to pass calls back and forth. You would then need to set up a route from each org that identifies the call as "internal" and routes over the SIP.

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 5.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 08-17-2021 02:45
    Edited by Sajid Abbas 08-17-2021 02:59
    Hello @Gareth James

Could you please elaborate your answer more?

We have two organizations and both are on different networks. The call after passing through the respective IVRs land with our group of agents and we need to transfer this call to another organization along with the context of the call.

If you can help me with more details or any link where this tying the organization process is explained, I'd be grateful.
    Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al Futtaim Technologies L L C - Dubai

• 6.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 03-15-2022 11:16
    Did you ever figure out how to do this?  We have the same need.  We have multiple org's for different contact centers, and still have a need to be able to call between them.  I assume some sort of SIP Trunk needs to be created but just not sure exactly of the options that need set.

Thanks,

Chad

Chad Flynt
    JACK HENRY & ASSOCIATES, INC.

• 7.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2022 11:07
    Hi Everyone,

If your goal is being able to transfer calls between orgs, then Genesys Cloud BYOC SIP Trunks are your answer.  You can setup trunks between multiple orgs so that you can pass calls, with data/context, between orgs.

If you want to exchange digital transactions (chat, messaging) then that is a little more complicated, but probably can be done if you are willing to developer some code that will sit between the two orgs.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 8.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 03-16-2022 11:15
    Thank you for your reply.  I don't suppose you guys have some documentation on setting these trunks between the orgs up do you?  I have managed to get a trunk setup to our on premise pbx to be able to call between the org and our local extensions.  I do seem to have an issue if I try and do more than one org, but still playing with that.  But we also have the overall need to be able to transfer calls to other agents on other orgs.  Not necessarily at present chat or messaging, just the calls.

Thanks for your assistance,

Chad

Chad Flynt
    JACK HENRY & ASSOCIATES, INC.

• 9.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2022 11:31
    Chad,

This article on the Genesys Cloud Resource center covers how to setup a BYOC Cloud SIP Trunk: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-byoc-cloud/.  In order to seamlessly exchange calls in both directions, you'll need to setup a trunk in both orgs.

You'll setup an inbound termination fully-qualificed-domain-name (FQDN) on each org.  Something like JackHenryOrg1.byoc.mypurecloud.com and JackHenryOrg2.byoc.mypurecloud.com.  The SIP INVITES will look something like this:

INVITE sip:+xxxxxxxxxxx@JackHenryOrg1.byoc.mypurecloud.com

The +xxxxxxxxxx would represent a DID that exists within that org.  You'll setup DIDs on both orgs under Admin->Telephony->DID Numbers.  At a minimum you'd need a DID on each org, most likely linked to a call flow that would receive the call from the other org and route it.  Alternatively you can create a DID for each agent so that you can directly transfer calls from an agent on one org to an agent on the other org.

In order to exchange call data you'd have to use the SIP UUI (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-user-to-user-information-uui/) header to store the Genesys Cloud conversation ID in the SIP Header and then in the inbound callflow on the other org you can get that via the Call.UUI built-in variable and then perform a data action back to the calling org to get the call data.

It sounds complex but you can take it in stages.  Get the trunks working to DIDs linked to call flows on each side, and then take it from there.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 05-24-2023 15:42
    Edited by Victor Circelli 05-24-2023 15:45

Hello Jim. Thank you for your thoughts, really useful. Let's say we are trying to transfer calls that enters CallFlow1 on Org1, to the CallFlow2 on Org2.
    We've created the trunks, DIDs and edited sites on both Orgs and it worked fine. Then we edited CallFlow1 putting a Transfer to Number action, transferring to the DID that sends the call to our trunk with Org2.

However, when the call arrived at Org2, I don't see the real ANI. I'm wondering if there is any way of passing/replacing the ANI with the original calling number (the person who called Callflow1) in order to be able to correctly identify this person.

Also, transfers from Flow (Transfer to Number action) are kinda odd, because I never know which site will be used to originate the transfer. I've read it's the default site in the Org but during some tests it looks like it's not like this at all times.

I thought of playing (and will do) with UUI, however I'm afraid it won't work because in this case I don't want to pass an additional header and get on the other side - what I want is to actually replace the FROM field.

Victor Circelli
    99 Tecnologia Ltda.

• 11.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

GENESYS
    Posted 28 days ago

Hi Victor,

You are right, the ANI isn't going to be from the original call but from the Caller ID/Number setup on the trunk.  The only think I know to do is to send the original ANI as UUI data and handle it somehow on the receiving org.  Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to replace the FROM field.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 12.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 30 days ago
    Edited by Aleksander Gras 30 days ago

Hi, 

I have 2 inquiries as if someone has a moment. 
    1. if I want to connect two organizations in the same region, for example, "Europe (Frankfurt) / euc1" is the only ip addresses I need in the configuration (in addition to creating FQDN names and other parameters what is in the documentation and also here on the forum) are the addresses of Regional Public SIP Signaling (in both organizations the same because of the same region, in this case as below). 
    Europe (Frankfurt) / euc1

DNS SRV – byoc.euc1.pure.cloud

IP Addresses Load Balancer DNS Names
    18.197.177.95 lb01.voice.euc1.pure.cloud
    52.28.196.118 lb02.voice.euc1.pure.cloud
    18.197.58.44 lb03.voice.euc1.pure.cloud
    18.184.11.49 lb04.voice.euc1.pure.cloud
    2. Does such a SIP trunk between organizations require any changes on the Site CORE side in each organization or is the whole configuration done at the  branch Site. I ask in the context of a note in the system 
    "Site links can only be configured between core sites. Site 'OG_oml' is a branch site and connects to other sites via these core sites" 
    Site type Core isn't accessible for me. 

Thanks

Aleksander Gras
    Majorel

• 13.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

GENESYS
    Posted 28 days ago

Hi Aleksander,

You are right.  If both orgs in in EUC1 then you only need to whitelist the EUC1 IP address ranges in both orgs.  You need to whitelist those because technically the calls may route out to the public internet and back in even though both orgs are in the same EUC1 region.

You will likely need to update the Outbound Routes on the Site for both orgs if you want to be able to pass calls back and forth between them.  You'll have to add an Outbound Route with an appropriate Dial Plan so that numbers that match that Dial Plan will be sent out over your BYOC SIP Trunk.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 14.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 24 days ago
    Edited by Aleksander Gras 24 days ago

Hi, Jim

Thank you very much ;-)

Aleksander Gras
    Majorel

• 15.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

GENESYS
    Posted 22 days ago

Also, "Site links" refers to linking Core sites together in a Hybrid telephony organization (where you have both Premises edges and Cloud edges). It does not apply to calls between two organizations, per se.

George Ganahl GCP, GCSME, ICCE, ICHD, etc.
    Senior Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 16.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 02-22-2023 07:26

hi Chad,

were you able to make that work, Jim Crespino mentioned the high level implementation logic but there is a lot of configuration details that have hundreds of possible configuration parameter adjustments.....i tried some with no luck, so wondering if you got the right configuration details that made it work.

Ahmad Sameh
    IBM World Trade Corporation (Egypt Branch)

• 17.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 22 days ago

Speaking of which.  How is that Federated Org stuff coming.   I see that as a good potential for DR as well.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com

• 18.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 22 days ago

Okay my virtual ears have perked up here Robert.  What's the Federated Org stuff about?  (and please tell me this isn't going to be a billed feature ;))

Vaun McCarthy

• 19.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 22 days ago

Originally,  it had the following:

1. Log into queues across orgs
    2. Pass calls between orgs
    3. Centralized admin
    4. Centralized reporting

Now, that info is nearly 2 years old.  As for price, maybe we will have a GC5 one?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com

• 20.  RE: Integrating 2 ORGs | transferring interactions between them!

Posted 22 days ago

That would be great, but yes sadly I see that being a GC5 thing, or hopefully just GC3+

Vaun McCarthy

Advanced Technical Consultant

Services | New Zealand | NTT

Tel: +64 (9) 356 5680

Mobile: +64 (21) 221 5857

Fax +64 (4) 470 1666

Vaun.McCarthy@global.ntt

NTT_Horizontal_email

A picture containing diagram  Description automatically generated

Genesys Certified Subject Matter Expert - Genesys Cloud Quality Management

For more information, please visit us at hello.global.ntt

Sensitivity Label: General

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources