Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Did you know - all calls made using the phone instead of the interaction icon are recorded?

Posted 09-07-2021 17:57
    Recently, we accidentally discovered that outbound calls that were made using the phone icon instead of using the interaction icon to make an outbound call on behalf of a queue are being recorded!  There is no way to create a policy that tells the system to not record them (no matching criteria option for Queue is NULL) other than to turn off recording at the trunk level.  Sure, we could probably get creative and try to create a policy that says to delete all outbound recordings - and then create other policies that lists all of the queues that tells the system to record and retain them even if another policy exists.  That would be nightmarish for my team to try to manage as we have supervisors setting up policies all across our global organization.  

I am just wondering if any of you knew this as well.  The help files never indicate that non ACD calls are recorded, and in fact, HELP only tells you how to RECORD a call.  When we implemented PureCloud - we were told that the phone icon was so the agents could make 'personal' calls that would not be recorded.  So, if they wanted to call someone in their family or doctor's office, they could use that to place their call.  4 years later, I now learn that ALL non ACD calls are being recorded without any retention / deletion date assigned.
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #QualityManagement
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 2.  RE: Did you know - all calls made using the phone instead of the interaction icon are recorded?

Posted 09-07-2021 18:48
    Hi Brenda

It's a bit long but take a read through this thread:

https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?GroupId=19&MessageKey=215383b1-4642-4196-860e-e03736a57b7e&CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4&tab=digestviewer

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Did you know - all calls made using the phone instead of the interaction icon are recorded?

Posted 09-08-2021 10:20
    Edited by Sven Schiller 09-08-2021 10:20
    We solved this with a simple policy that deletes all recordings not explicitly retained by another policy:
    Policy to delete all recordings not explicitly retained

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 4.  RE: Did you know - all calls made using the phone instead of the interaction icon are recorded?

Posted 09-09-2021 18:02
    Hi Sven.  So No criteria is selected except DELETE....  No direction.  Okay. 

I see calls get recorded in Performance \ Interactions where I have "recording" column added.  For a the call, I see the recording column has a value of YES.  When I go to view it there is no recording.  The DID is assigned to a Call Flow, but I only have recording enabled for 1 Queue.  Odd way to solution, but thanks for posting.

Mike John
    ConvergeOne

• 5.  RE: Did you know - all calls made using the phone instead of the interaction icon are recorded?

Posted 09-10-2021 10:20
    The "YES" under the 'Recording' column can be misleading.   If the recording is deleted after the interaction finishes due to a policy - the recording flag will still show "YES".

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 6.  RE: Did you know - all calls made using the phone instead of the interaction icon are recorded?

Posted 09-10-2021 14:29
    I created policies like yours - but when I tested, I found that the recording is still there, and it won't delete until Sep 13 - for a call made Sep 10. The Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) allows employers to listen in on business calls, but are not allowed to record or listen to private conversations. However, the rule states that they should stop listening when they realize that it is a personal call.  

And if any of you have customers in France, it would be best to disable the recording at the trunk level!  I think that's the only way to truly ensure that calls are not recorded.

Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 7.  RE: Did you know - all calls made using the phone instead of the interaction icon are recorded?

Posted 09-10-2021 14:56
    Check your other recording policies. The solution that I posted deletes all recordings for which there is no policy to retain right after the call completes. Of course, it only applies for calls going forward.
    One drawback for us is that we need to record all agent's calls. In order to do this, we have to name them explicitly in a retention policy. It would be better to be able to select those with a certain role, members of a group, etc.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources