Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Live Agent Monitoring - Audio Only??

Posted 11-19-2020 13:00

Following our go live of Genesys Cloud, we are finding that when you live monitor an agent interaction, you only hear the audio and do not see the screens the agent is using on the call.  It never occurred to me or my team that this would be deficiency as we are not new to Quality having used Verint prior to Genesys and so this capability never entered our mind as not possible.  Can anyone confirm with me that yes, Genesys Cloud does NOT support and if so, does anyone know if this is in the roadmap of a future release or at least being discussed?

Thank you

#QualityManagement
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Thomas Jackson
    New Avon Company, a Delaware Corporation

• 2.  RE: Live Agent Monitoring - Audio Only??

Posted 11-19-2020 14:53
    Hi Thomas,
    I'm sorry to hear that you were not aware that Genesys Cloud does not currently provide live screen monitoring capability.  We do have several requests for it as you can imagine, and will continue to monitor input via the Ideas portal for future development consideration.  Please feel free to add your vote and any additional comments here - https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLWFO-I-1
    Thank you!
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager - PureCloud
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Live Agent Monitoring - Audio Only??

Posted 11-19-2020 15:02
    Thank you.  I did add my vote.

Thomas Jackson

• 4.  RE: Live Agent Monitoring - Audio Only??

Posted 11-19-2020 15:06
    Can I get some insight into what it takes in terms of "votes" to get a feature like this added?

Thomas Jackson

• 5.  RE: Live Agent Monitoring - Audio Only??

Posted 12-17-2020 14:02

That's a tough one Thomas.  I've seen ideas with nearly 200 votes get declined, and others sitting for 2+ years collecting votes slowly but still going nowhere.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 6.  RE: Live Agent Monitoring - Audio Only??

Posted 05-10-2021 11:51
    Just wondering if Genesys has put any further thought into adding live monitor of screens as well as voice?  If not, does anyone have any input as to why this feature or lack thereof is no longer as important as it used to be?  My operations team is beating down my door on this one as a significant gap.  Please advise if you have any opinions.

Thanks
    Tom

Thomas Jackson

• 7.  RE: Live Agent Monitoring - Audio Only??

Posted 05-13-2021 19:48
    Edited by Kevin Brown 05-13-2021 19:50

Tom, 

I am in 100% agreement with you.  As a workaround, I set up the ability to monitor screens via Microsoft SCCM Configuration Manager console. If you set "Prompt user for Remote Control permission" to False, the agent is not aware that their screen is being monitored.

If your org uses SCCM and you are thinking about doing this, make sure to have discussions with your desktop support management to ensure that they are OK as they will have to set permissions. Also engage your InfoSec team to ensure they are OK with it.

Here's a place to start: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/clients/manage/remote-control/remotely-administer-a-windows-client-computer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources