Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  'Effortless Channel Switching' and UI changes discussion

Posted 07-19-2021 04:10
    Looking at the 'features coming soon' the roadmap item regarding channel switching (copy of text below)

Channel switching in agent interaction UI

An upcoming Genesys Cloud release will contain an agent interaction UI enhancement that enables agents to easily switch from one conversation channel (voice, email, web chat, messaging) to another while engaging with a customer. The new channel appears grouped with the other channels that the agent is currently handling with that customer. This enhancement brings changes to the current behavior of the agent interaction UI. For more information, see Effortless Channel Switching FAQ in Community. Customers may wish to review the Community post to learn more about the feature and prepare for the changes. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud User 2, Genesys Cloud User 3, Genesys Cloud User 1 Digital Upgrade I, Genesys Cloud User 1 Digital Upgrade II, or Genesys Cloud User 2 Digital Upgrade I.

The document provided in the FAQ indicates this is coming around mid-August with some changes to the UX including:

- 'Interactions' pane/section will be re-labelled as 'Conversations'
    - the interaction/conversation cards will have the '+' icon to channel switch
    - the vertical split/separator between Voice/Chat at the top, and Email, SMS and Messaging at the bottom will be removed

I thought I'd start a community post (as I couldn't find one) with my questions so far:

1. Will toggling between channels within an interaction/conversation card still put the other conversation segment on hold?
    2. Does channel switching require the customer to have been profile matched/added into External Contacts before a channel switch can occur?
    3. Under the new interaction/conversation card plus (+) button - does the 'Create new' work the same as 'start a new interaction', or is this 'Create new' External Contact?
    4. What control is there over the channel switching availability (i.e. can it be turned off on queues that only handle 1 media type, can it be defined which media types are available to channel switch to per queue?)
    5. With the re-labelling of 'Interactions' to 'Conversations' - will this be changed further across the UI (e.g. will it show 'No active conversations' and 'Go On Queue to begin accepting new conversations')?

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Jeff

• 2.  RE: 'Effortless Channel Switching' and UI changes discussion

GENESYS
    Posted 07-19-2021 19:53
    Hi Community,

This feature is currently in beta.  Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager if interested in participating.  It will introduce several UI behavior changes.

Will toggling between channels within an interaction/conversation card still put the other conversation segment on hold?
    [A] Yes.

Does channel switching require the customer to have been profile matched/added into External Contacts before a channel switch can occur?
    [A] Yes, contact information (e.g. email address and phone number) is dependent on such information populated for the contact record stored in External Contact.

Under the new interaction/conversation card plus (+) button - does the 'Create new' work the same as 'start a new interaction', or is this 'Create new' External Contact?
    [A] Intention is to start a new interaction.

What control is there over the channel switching availability (i.e. can it be turned off on queues that only handle 1 media type, can it be defined which media types are available to channel switch to per queue?)
    [A] The ability to switch channel is not a separate permission or admin setting.  This feature is dependent on user having the proper media permission and either the default interaction queue set by the agent or the initiating channel is configured for multichannel.

With the re-labelling of 'Interactions' to 'Conversations' - will this be changed further across the UI (e.g. will it show 'No active conversations' and 'Go On Queue to begin accepting new conversations')?
    [A] This change affects only the conversation roster section.

Rick Phung
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: 'Effortless Channel Switching' and UI changes discussion

Posted 07-20-2021 01:39

Hi @Ricky Phung,

Thanks for ​the response. Off your responses, I've got some further questions:

Will toggling between channels within an interaction/conversation card still put the other conversation segment on hold?
    [A] Yes.
    [Q] So to clarify - if an Agent is on an active Voice call, they use Channel switching to create new Email interaction - this will put the voice call on hold when toggling to the email?

Does channel switching require the customer to have been profile matched/added into External Contacts before a channel switch can occur?
    [A] Yes, contact information (e.g. email address and phone number) is dependent on such information populated for the contact record stored in External Contact.
    [Q] To confirm, what will happen if the customer has NOT been profile matched? 

a) Channel Switching option will appear with the [+] but only the 'Create new' option will appear, or

b) Channel Switching won't be available at all?

Under the new interaction/conversation card plus (+) button - does the 'Create new' work the same as 'start a new interaction', or is this 'Create new' External Contact?
    [A] Intention is to start a new interaction.
    [Q] To clarify, when clicking on 'Create new', will this present the existing 'Create new interaction' selection/box? If so, will the Queue be pre-populated?

Jeff

• 4.  RE: 'Effortless Channel Switching' and UI changes discussion

Posted 07-20-2021 00:28
    Been playing with beta for a bit.

Channel Switching does require use of External Contacts

1. Other segments are put on hold when switching
    2. Yes external contact must exist before answering.  I found if you add during call, you don't see the switch options until they call again.
    3. Yes I don't understand that either.  It is exactly like the new interaction.  I suggested it open the contact for adding a contact address.
    4. Right now it looks like it is on or off for org.  You could place contacts into a division (coming soon) and then without a contact, no switching.
    5. You can only hope!  I still cringe when I see a duplicate button instead of copy.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: 'Effortless Channel Switching' and UI changes discussion

Posted 07-20-2021 02:22

Thanks @Robert Wakefield-Carl for your insights!

We currently don't use External Contacts - so it sounds like Effortless Channel Switching will not be the 'omni-channel' saviour we were hoping for.

I was hoping that this switching would still be possible to just create a new interaction directly from the current conversation. Whilst there wouldn't be a list of other contacts from the External Contact - it could still relate to the current conversation and pre-populate the current queue.

Jeff

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources