Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

• 1.  Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-01-2020 10:54
    Hi All,

Have the following request from one of our customers:

Call is received on one of the IVRs from the PSTN,.
    The caller is identified by its National Document ID which is asked to him in the IVR.
    The callerID phone number, the Called Number and the National Document ID is displayed on the Agent's Script while receiving the call routed to a specific Queue.

No problems till now, as this is working and it is a basic use case.

Next: request from the customer...
    Depending on the call, the agent who answered the incoming call, needs to transfer the call to another area in the company to perform some specific checks or internal tasks with the caller.
    But before transfering the call, this agent must provide a specific reference (i.e.:invoice reference number or purchase order number) to be "attached" to the call, so as to be able to deliver this particular information, to the next agent dealing with the call in other area inside the same company (belonging to another Queue).

Is it possible to add this as a variable in the agent Script of the agent answering the call before transfering it to another queue, and get this particular information presented on the agent's Script (of course another different Script than the first one) answering the call once transfered

As a workaround, asked the agents answering the calls to set this particular information (i.e.:invoice reference number or purchase order number) as a "Note", so when the call is transfered to the next Queue to be treated by another agent belonging to another area, the information needed to continue the process is already there for them.

This is not the most "elegant" or "refined" solution. Using Scripts will be the best one, but I haven't been able to see how can it be done.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Best regards

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Jorge Marcelo Negri
    Senior Project Consultant
    Genesys PureCloud Certified Associate
    In Motion Argentina
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
    Argentina

• 2.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-01-2020 12:39
    To me this sounds like something that your crm tool would handle... a note update on the customer record? 

Alternately, you could build a workflow for the transferring agent to interact with prior to the call going to the next queue that would allow them to input that string as a new variable. And then that variable could be set for the new script (I believe it'd have to be a new one with the additional variable). So the initial agent would do a warm transfer to the new flow, input the data into the ivr, the pop would be set, and then the transfer would be finished. Then it'd go to queue and the next agent would get the new script pop.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 3.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-01-2020 12:59
    Thanks Dean!
    I can see with the customer if it is suitable for them to enter the reference number on a new IVR, but I feel that this would increase the workload to the first agent.
    As alerady explained the best would be to have the first agent, being able to copy and paste the invoice/purchase order number in a variable within the first Script, and having this variable(data), available for the second agent and presented on a second script.

Regards,

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 4.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

GENESYS
    Posted 07-01-2020 18:00
    I would probably put functionality into the script that the agent sees to set the value, then call a Secure Input flow and have that do the transfer to the new queue (instead of actually doing any secure functionality) and not return the call to the agent.

In the Invoke Secure Flow action and add the value to the Flow Data Field, then in the Secure Call flow assign that value to the new script.

To preserve all the other values probably need to set them as Participant Data and pull them off again in the Secure Call Flow.

Presuming all that is possible...I haven't had time to put it all together to see :-)

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-01-2020 18:35
    Thanks again George!

May be you can explain a little more in detail what you've described as I cannot follow your proposal.

The National Document number is sent to the other Queue (as the call is in fact transfered towards a specific second IVR flow to get the initiial call routed to the second Queue and agents belonging to this Queue). No problems for that; it is already working.

The request is to have the first agent, copying and pasting in their Script, the invoice / purchase order nb. (30 digits max.) and then get this information arriving to the second Queue agent's Script as a new variable there.

Is it absolutely necessary to use a Secure Call Flow to arrive to the second Queue?

I'll try to set up what you've suggested, but may be an additional help is needed.

Regards,

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 6.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-02-2020 02:25
    Hi Jorge,

If you set an input box with an output variable in the script the agent can enter information within the script that gets transferred with the call. As you have set the script within Architect the same script should then present to the next agent who picks up the interaction and the details entered by the first agent would be visible. I have tested this within our environment and seems to work fine.

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 7.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-02-2020 07:48
    That's a great idea. I'm going to have to try it!

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 8.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-02-2020 07:52
    Thanks Gareth!

I'm trying to setup what you've suggested, but the problem here is that the call is transfered to another IVR arriving to another Queue (and another agents of course) also using another Script.

I haven't been able yet to arrive to make this data appear on the second agent.

I'm still testing...

Regards

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 9.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-02-2020 08:13
    Hi Gareth,

Not able to get the data entered by the first agent on the script, visible on the second Queue Agent (neither transfering it to the IVR, to the Queue and to the agent directly) and using the same script for both.

May be I made some mistake...

In the Script I've created an Input box (output variable data to be entered by the first agent), and a transfer Button (Blind transfer to the second IVR, second Queue or Second agent) receiving the call transfer.

But if using this same script, no data is received on the corresponding field for this data after the call transfer.

May be someone can help with another tip about how to get this working.

Thanks.

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 10.  RE: Need to be able to enable the agents to enter data that must be retrieved or available when other agents in other queue answer the transfered call from the first agent to other queue

Posted 07-02-2020 22:40
    Hi Jorge,

I have tested this just to make sure and the process I followed was:

• Create a script with an Input box, that saves the output (see screenshots for input and variable)

• When call comes in to first queue you set the screen pop, and agent enters detail, when transferred to another queue the information is transferred with the script.
    InputBoxVariable
    script

• To use this for IVR transfers you'll need to make the script dynamic, e.g. create one script for all uses, and then change the information displayed to the agent based on the queue that the call drops into. This ensures that the information collected from one agent can be passed to the next as it would be stored in a field that is visible in both queues. Creating a dynamic script does add complexity when designing, building, and maintaining, but should allow you to pass the information in the fields you need. That information can also then be made available for reporting through Power BI or other data analytics platforms if required, or output to a CRM/screen pop.

Hope this helps

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources