Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Determine when a call disconnects/exits

Posted 11-19-2021 12:06

Hello,

I hope your day is going well!

I am a new Junior Developer and I've been tasked to research more about Flow Outcomes and Flow. We want to measure the effectiveness of a prompt by having the ability to track the disconnects at certain blocks. So far, I looked into Performance > Flow Outcomes and Flow and found great data there (especially with Destination > Exits and Disconnects) but not entirely too sure if there are APIs I can use or other logic/methods out there. Also, I was checking out Interactions > Timeline and it describes in great detail when the call has been disconnected, by who, and the duration. I thought that data was perfect and I wanted to see if there's a way to grab it.

I apologize if this is not the right place to post this, but please do let me know if there are more appropriate communities to post this in!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Dianne

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Determine when a call disconnects/exits

Posted 11-22-2021 20:12
    Edited by Jackie Maher 11-28-2021 21:30
    Hi Dianne, 

I pretty new to the Genesys platform as well - been working it for just over a year now.

For tracking behavior whether that is something the caller did, an outcome of logic in the flows, or data gates/triggers, etc... I have logging set up in the flow to write a journey milestone with a sequence number and then a value of some sorts to the conversation details. The logging design was just as important as the call flow design, as it tells the story of exactly what the caller did in the IVR. Below are a couple of screenshots of what is logged to the conversation details looks like for us. The logging maps back to the UI design. To accomplish this type of logging you would use a set participant data action and then a update data action to increment the sequence number. It has worked really slick for us and I can pull metrics on pretty much anything we need to know.  Hope this helps.  

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources