Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

• 1.  How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-22-2020 01:15
    There have been instances where the connectivity from a local agent PC to AWS instance for PureCloud has intermittent connectivity problems. The customers say that they are unable to troubleshoot this since ping does not work with say, apps.mypurecloud.com.

How can a customer ping PureCloud to understand if there are network connectivity issues? Furthermore, the network diagnostic tool that we offer might not be helpful in some customer environments because of firewall restrictions. How can a customer circumvent and monitor connectivity with AWS instance for PureCloud?

#network
    #Networking
    #0002744710​​​​
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Shanker Ramaiyah
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-22-2020 16:13
    This would be great to know.

I am developing a chrome extension to help with PureCloud/Genesys Cloud related issues and need something like this.

I currently have a duplicate session/tab checker that will log and close multiple PureCloud tabs and it will also log API call failures and log memory usage, check connectivity, and take a screenshot. I'm trying to wrap up the beta version and get it released this weekend. It will be free and no ads if anyone wants it.

I think a true PureCloud connectivity tester that doesn't require auth would be great to add in. It's a pain to try and track down random issues that end up being related to multiple tabs or network connectivity and I am tired of it.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 3.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-22-2020 18:04
    Hi Daniel that sounds like a good thing to release

What types of issues have you found the root cause was multiple tabs?  Do you think there would be any difference with the tab grouping being introduced to Chrome?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-22-2020 23:41
    Hi Vaun,

In addition to headaches, it causes issues with audio profiles, call controls, and other strange issues, along with not being supported.

Below is a link to the Resource Center FAQ about it:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/why-do-multiple-concurrent-logins-cause-problems/

Tab grouping will still cause the same issues in purecloud, but should not affect an extensions ability to detect or remove duplicates/multiple sessions.

I just submitted the extension for review. I may have to clean up the permissions and re-submit it if they reject it. I'll also have to update it after testing in prod, as the initial version is hard coded for the US East region.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 5.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-25-2020 14:08
    "Last Mile" troubleshooting is definitely a pervasive support challenge.  We experience a combination of user connectivity issues and similar on-premise Edge connectivity issues.

Good to hear that customers/partners are stepping in to fill this need.

Jason Rogers
    Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan

• 6.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-25-2020 22:59
    Yes, I have customers this is a MUST request.

Day to day they keep getting agents reporting PureCloud issues. 

It seems that PureCloud services did not get the agent's status correctly. After reported to customer care, but found nothing.

Genesys must have a method to monitor the connection from the customer's office to PureCloud's service. If the Genesys does not have this function, the same problems keep happening again and again and Genesys Support keeps telling us they cannot find the root cause.

Regards,

Johnson

Johnson Lu
    MFE International Pte Ltd.

• 7.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 06-25-2021 08:52
    Hi Daniel,
    please advise if this tool is avaliable?

Reginald Sheraton

• 8.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 06-25-2021 09:07
    Hi Reginald,

If you have an org in US East, you can try it. There are a lot of limitations and it's far from perfect. It blocks and logs duplicate tabs, but the network interruption portion is flawed. It has helped identify network connectivity issues with some users. It saves a log file to the downloads folder.
    GC Tools - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

Again, this extension is hard coded to US East.

If you're troubleshooting potential network connectivity issues, I'd recommend some kind of network monitoring software.

Thanks,
    Daniel McLeod
    Qsect

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 9.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 06-25-2021 09:19
    Hi there,
    Thanks for prompt response, my Org is currently in eu-west-1

Reginald Sheraton

• 10.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-25-2020 23:08
    It will be great and very useful if this tool is built and ready soon.

Network troubleshooting is a big headache if short of resources to help out.

I appreciate if this been considered and efforts to make it happens soon.

Regards

Johnson Lu
    MFE International Pte Ltd.

• 11.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-27-2020 16:12
    We have this issue where home users on our company VPN / WebRTC can't disconnect the call. They are using F5 as a workaround to disconnect. Off-VPN everything works great, but they need to be on VPN to work.

Networking needs a URL or IP or something that they can measure connectivity to in order to troubleshoot this issue. Any ideas? These "last mile" issues are the biggest thorn in our side currently.

Altaf Gosla
    Telecom Systems Engineer

• 12.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-27-2020 17:29
    Hi Altaf,

Have you excluded traffic to the following, so it does not traverse the VPN?:

https://apps.mypurecloud.com
    https://api.mypurecloud.com
    wss://streaming.mypurecloud.com

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 13.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-28-2020 00:16
    Hello @Daniel McLeod,

We have not done that. I will ask my networking team to do so. Thank you for your suggestion!

Altaf Gosla
    Telecom Systems Engineer

• 14.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-28-2020 00:30
    Hi Daniel, 

Not being a network guy, I assume on the VPN side they specify certain routes (ip, dns, port etc) that should always use the local connection and not the VPN tunnel?  So where a remote user wants to use the provisioned SIP soft phone, they'd need the VPN just for the phone registration back to the Edge?  How would the client phone be provisioned in these scenarios?  What would the FQDN be seen as for the hardware ID?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 15.  RE: How do we check connectivity from your local network to PureCloud?

Posted 05-28-2020 08:43
    Hi Vaun,

The configuration would differ depending on the VPN client/server used, but the key word your looking for is split tunneling. It can be as simple as configuring the adapter to not use the VPNs default gateway or you may have to push down routes. I haven't configured this is a few years and I am not a network guy either, so I would just lean on your network team.

For a physical SIP phone, if your using local edges, you would either use a VPN device where the phone is located, use an SBC, or configure the edge servers with external IP addresses. You likely wouldn't want to try and reconfigure an existing edge.

My opinion is that you would not want voice going over the VPN under any circumstances. Also, I have not configured an SBC for this scenario, but we used SIParators with PureConnect and they were awesome. The problem, is that you would likely need to configure all SIP phones as unmanaged generic SIP devices for this to work. Unless something has changed in the last 3-4 months, the edge does not allow you to override the primary line keys IP address.
    "The SIP Servers or Proxies field for the first line appearance is not editable to ensure that the edge will be used by the phone for default call control."
    I've only tried with Polycom phones, but would expect similar results. If this field could be overridden, on the first line keys, you could use a managed profile with an SBC or even a different port of the edge (if you configure external IP on edge, it has to be on port 1).

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources