Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Genesys Phone state is displaying differently to different users

• 1.  Genesys Phone state is displaying differently to different users

Posted 04-19-2021 11:08
    Genesys Phone state is displaying differently to different users. where I was live and my coworkers saw me as AWAY or in a different state. Refreshing the page resolved the way it appears. This is an issue because if I am displaying away to others am I actually in the line of getting live calls(my status being avail to me vs others seeing as away). What is really going on behind the scenes vs what is be displayed can be affecting metrics.

Add your suggestions, please?
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #SystemAdministration
    #PureCloudQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Karthi ELUMALAI
    Cognizant Technology Solutions India

• 2.  RE: Genesys Phone state is displaying differently to different users

Posted 04-20-2021 12:28
    In theory and when the network gods allow, you should see consistent status across all users and the platform.  Now, in reality, you have different microservices handling different aspects of the status to allow for routing and reporting decisions.  Also, with WAH agents on a plethora of networks, platform, and browser combinations, this can cause refresh issues at times.  GC is designed for real-time operations and give priority to superior quality calls first, so if you have a full list of users open and get a call, WebRTC will hog the resources to make sure the call is delivered and runs smoothly, and that lowly status sync is left to fend for itself and may not reflect reality in real time.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources