Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-18-2021 13:13
    Alan is back to tackle the remaining questions about WebRTC. He also has a sneak peek of the upcoming WebRTC Helper. Thanks to Vaun for suggesting the WebRTC topic! We'd love to hear what topics community members would like to see next. Always feel free to drop suggestions below.

#PureCloudQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Genesys Community Manager

• 2.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

Posted 06-22-2021 02:10
    Thanks Alan, thanks Matt

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

Posted 06-22-2021 09:24
    Thanks Matt, can you please check with Alan whether it is possible to use a Genesys API to collect the WebRTC diagnostics information centrally as opposed to using the log files for each user. Imagine you have a few 100 users conducting these checks from their own PC, it would save a lot of time to be able to centrally collect the WebRTC diagnostics results and assess it as opposed to manually gathering these files and trying to parse them manually as well.
    Thanks

Hichem Agrebi
    hichem.agrebi@cc-expertise.com
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 4.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

Posted 06-25-2021 08:51

That would be HUGE improvement.
    Same as some kind of centrally stored front end logs .

BR
    Piotr

Piotr Danielewski
    EY Global Services Limited

• 5.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-28-2021 16:24
    Hey Hichem,

Sorry for the late reply. We are still catching our breath after Xperience. Let me reach out to Alan for some thoughts.

Cheers!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 6.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

GENESYS
    Posted 06-29-2021 09:56
    Hey @Hichem Agrebi and @Piotr Danielewski,

I asked Alan and he said, "We do not have a way to generate and gather the results in bulk. Each test must be triggered individually per client (the tests run in the client itself) and inspected." So this would be a great thing to create an idea for in the Genesys Cloud Ideas Lab.

Cheers!​​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 7.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

Posted 06-29-2021 10:47
    thank you @Matt Lawson, but I'm seriously worried, that such idea would end up like ability to split datatables in divisions - over two years have passed since the idea was raised and it just went under development last week or couiple of weeks back...

Such thing won't get much attention, because it's not something you can market as a great new shiny feature, it's one of these down to earth things, which we - admins really need for our everyday work. ​Just think - how much time your support could save if we could do a few more things on our own :)

Piotr Danielewski
    EY Global Services Limited

• 8.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

Posted 06-29-2021 11:59
    I have logged the FR here https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLSELF-I-462
    So anyone can vote for it. I do think it shouldn't be complicated to implement and has indeed a huge time saving and automation enhancements factor.
    Go on vote for it :)

Hichem Agrebi
    hichem.agrebi@cc-expertise.com
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 9.  RE: Q&A Show: WebRTC (Part 2)

Posted 07-16-2021 10:14
    Edited by Facundo Nowicky 07-16-2021 10:14

There's an important distinction with the "WebRTC Troubleshooter". It doesn't tests for srflx or host connections it just tests relay (TURN) connections. If you want to check if you are able to use srflx or host connections is to use for example the diagnostic available from chrome://webrtc-internals

There's some documentation at https://testrtc.com/webrtc-internals-documentation/

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources