Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WFM - Forecasting Service Levels depending on Scheduled Number of Agents

Posted 08-20-2019 07:58
    I can see in WFM that you can use forecasting to determine the "Scheduled" , "Forecasted" and "Difference" number of agents within a scheduled shift.

Is it possible to forecast what number of agents will achieve a particular Service Level goal? 

For example, if you are over/under the forecasted figure, the system will tell you that:
    - with A number of agents you will achieve B Service Level figures
    - with C number of agents, you can achieve D service level figures
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 2.  RE: WFM - Forecasting Service Levels depending on Scheduled Number of Agents

GENESYS
    Posted 08-20-2019 09:17

Scheduled row value is simply a count of agents for that interval that are scheduled to be on queue.

Forecast row value is the predicted staffing requirement for that interval to achieve your service performance goals as specified in service goal group.

Today we do not surface information regarding your two examples.

An intraday reforecasting feature would have something akin to what you are asking...ability to re-predict staffing requirement based on actual intraday trend, ability to potentially change service performance goals, etc. We have also internally discussed showing some graphs (e.g., staff versus predicted service level) that also might give you desired information on your two examples.

You can submit feature ideas via https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ - be sure to use Workforce Engagement Management (PureCloud) product category for PureCloud Recording, Quality Management, and Workforce Management ideas.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 3.  RE: WFM - Forecasting Service Levels depending on Scheduled Number of Agents

Posted 08-22-2019 07:14
    Thanks for the information Jay.

I wonder is this something that could be achieved by a partner who has access to the API?
    Using the data that is used to calculate what is required to achieve 100% service level goals, it should be possible to calculate what is required to achieve say 80% ?

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

• 4.  RE: WFM - Forecasting Service Levels depending on Scheduled Number of Agents

GENESYS
    Posted 08-22-2019 09:06

It's possible; although, I doubt there are any out there that would be able to do anything complex in terms of determining that. E.g., they more than likely would just use simple Erlang C or a simplistic base staffing requirements formula both of which have inherent issues.

We use a proprietary process that utilizes mathematical modeling, mathematical optimization, linear programming, discrete event simulation, and heuristics. With a different approach to the calculation there would be a discrepancy between the two.

Another idea you could submit is for us to expose staffing requirement API methods.

Your ask has given me some ideas on possible what-if scenario type support - thank you for that.

At a minimum we would want to surface predicted staffing requirement and service performance (i.e., service level, average speed of answer, and abandonment) at the interval level and show it in schedule editor. 

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 5.  RE: WFM - Forecasting Service Levels depending on Scheduled Number of Agents

Posted 08-23-2019 13:12
    Appreciate the info Jay. Thank you! I will post those ideas now!

Marian OConnell
    Wren Data Ltd.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources