Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  When does the policy to delete calls actually delete the calls?

Posted 03-27-2020 12:20
    We have call recording enabled on a trunk, but do not want calls for a certain queue to be recorded. I am selecting the option in the Quality Admin >> Policies section to "Delete" calls and then I've also checked the box labeled "Delete even if another policy retains."

However, it's not clear to me in the interface or in the documentation when this delete action takes place. Is it as soon as the call ends? Some time later? Is there a delay?

Thanks for any clarification you can add to this matter.
    #QualityManagement
    #Security

------------------------------
    J.T. Evans
    Waterfield Technologies, Inc.

• 2.  RE: When does the policy to delete calls actually delete the calls?
    Best Answer

Posted 04-02-2020 10:22
    Hey J.T.,

In my experience, the recording is deleted before it hits the UI so you are never able to view or listen to the recording if you have a delete policy setup to delete immediately. That being said I do not know the exact time of delete but I would assume it is at the time the call is ended since its never available in the ui.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Kyle Griffin
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    Genesys Partner

• 3.  RE: When does the policy to delete calls actually delete the calls?

Posted 04-02-2020 16:42
    Thanks for feedback and detailed information. This does help.

J.T. Evans
    Waterfield Technologies, Inc.

• 4.  RE: When does the policy to delete calls actually delete the calls?

Posted 04-03-2020 03:11
    Hi J.T.

Great answer from Kyle, just wanted to add that technically Genesys Cloud doesn't actually delete the recording. The wording really should be retain, rather than delete. With trunk recording enabled all calls go through the recording process but the radio button defines what happens when the call is ended. If the "Delete" radio button is selected then the recording is never saved. There should be no delay in this action occurring.

Gareth James
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources