Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Why is the Ideas Portal better than a Los Angeles freeway?

Posted 01-03-2022 16:00
    Because it gets no traffic.

Please vote of my ideas!!!

Support special character voice recognition and repeat back when using Bot in Inbound Call Flow

Architect - IVR Schedule Decisions Action (Bot flow schedule/group schedule decision)

Thank you,
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Why is the Ideas Portal better than a Los Angeles freeway?

Posted 01-04-2022 00:52
    Hi Eric

I understand your frustration at the "no traffic" thing.  There does seem to be some confusion and lack of interest when you see a number of ideas with a large vote count that have sat in limbo for a few years.  Makes you wonder what criteria is actually used to determine what should be developed.

Just looking at the first of your ideas here.  When you say special characters, what would you consider to be a special character?  Anything on a standard computer keyboard that's not alpha-numeric?  Only a specific list?  How would you address where a special character may be known by different names depending on the country/region (pound vs hash for example)?  Given this idea is for voice flows, are you expecting that the caller would say the name of a special character, and have that identified?  Where that may get tricky is where you may have some confusion between a special character name, and where that special character name may actually be a valid name for something else, eg pound (or hash) but if asking for an address or something, the customer may actually live on Pound Street.  Your bot intents etc could potentially take care of some of that checking I suppose.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Why is the Ideas Portal better than a Los Angeles freeway?

Posted 01-04-2022 10:11
    Good morning @Vaun McCarthy,

We service multiple clients with differing product lines. Some of the products are in ##-aaaaaa-## format so asking the caller as to what product they are inquiring about has proven to be problematic because the 'dash' or 'hyphen' depending on the caller has put us at a standstill in rolling out Voice Recognition. The bot's typical response has been to pass the variable with the physical spelling of 'dash' or 'hyphen' versus passing the character. Our database is then unable to retrieve the requested information and the interaction fails. I have an open ticket with the dev team which they have been working on for months, however, if I could get more eyes from the community and the necessary votes, perhaps Genesys will put more investment into. I am surely not the only client that has experienced this issue.

Thank you,

Eric​

Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Why is the Ideas Portal better than a Los Angeles freeway?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-04-2022 10:38
    Have you tried replacing the literal word dash with an actual dash?  If you're in a flow, use the Replace function like Replace(Task.badString, "dash", "-").  Repeat for anything else you want to fix.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Why is the Ideas Portal better than a Los Angeles freeway?

Posted 01-04-2022 18:05
    Melissa,

Yes, I have tried that but I cannot even get past the Ask For Slot confirmation. The bot doesn't even repeat back the "You said {slot.loan}. Is that correct?". It goes straight into No Match settings. The product is "ym-#####" and this is what the utterance history is picking up:

May I get your loan number?
    - - -
    yaimj518899

Where it's picking up the "i" from, I have no idea.

Thank you,

Eric

Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources