Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

Posted 01-26-2022 10:32

Hey all,

This enhancement is on the January Roadmap but it is in 'Target' status so it's a priority but doesn't have a deliverable timeline yet:

The core issue being remedied is a limit of 3 parties that can be on an ACD queue call. Our medical customers need to conference up to 5 or 6 parties.

What creative workarounds have you come up with? 

I tried Consult and Blind transferring the call to my personal line or my DID line but it didn't trick the Cloud into treating it like a non-ACD call.  

#ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 2.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

Posted 01-27-2022 00:40
    Have you tried moving the the Communicate Calls tab and try conferencing from there?  All subsequent calls will be non-ACD and I am not sure about the recording, but it is worth a try.  Check with @Anthony Gilio as he might have run into this.​

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

Posted 01-27-2022 10:06
    Yes, I did try that, both blind/consult to my DID and just my name.  GenesysCloud was not fooled- it wouldn't budge on the 3 parties.  I welcome other people testing as well.

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 4.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

Posted 01-27-2022 10:23
    Don't transfer.  Just go to the Calls and see if the Interactions are there and add to the conference in Calls.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2022 11:29
    +1 to what Robert mentioned. 
    • Start a communicate call with the additional party and then merge it with the ACD call. 
    • This does have drawbacks w.r.to Analytics, etc since this new conference is a communicate one and not an ACD one. 
    From a roadmap perspective, we are actively planning this and more updates on milestones/timelines will be available as we get past planning and start working on this item this quarter.

Sabyasachi Pradhan
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

Posted 01-27-2022 12:57

Thank you @Sabyasachi Pradhan.  Unfortunately, the calls we need this capability for, always start in a queue.

I'm glad to hear you will start working on it this quarter- the sooner the better.  ​

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 7.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2022 14:13
    @Nathan Smith They can still start in the queue. But at the point of adding a new member one can create the a new communicate call and then once connected merge it with the ACD call, thus bringing all the parties together. Does this help your use-case ? 

Sabyasachi Pradhan
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

Posted 01-28-2022 11:36

I was able to get that to work- this is very exciting. I appreciate your help!

One thing to get used to, is having two interactions in Genesys for the same call.  As soon as I merged the call, it started a new interaction. The new interaction at 11:10, thankfully had the full call recording on it.

Another thing to get used to, is that as soon as I merged the calls, the first call-  "Queue" call disconnected which started the ACW timer.  It's be easy to be distracted as an agent handling this multi-party call to also remember to set your wrap-up code and click done, on the ACD call.

Another thing to get used to is reporting will not be as clean- there are two calls now instead of one and only the first call retained the skill, but didn't record all the participants or activities.  

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 9.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

Posted 04-20-2022 13:46
    Glad I found this topic given we have this same issue within our organization (e.g. inbound call + agent + interpreter + clinical staff is a common occurrence.) Really looking forward to a smoother experience down the road when our [web app/desktop app/GCloud for Salesforce] users can simply use the Interactions component to combine more than 3 voice interactions and not have to jump to the Communicate Calls (Phone) component to do a conference.

To @Nathan Smith's point, one thing that is a little unsettling for our agents is the fact that when they initiate a conference call it prompts them with the ACW/Wrap-Up Code box in the middle of their conferenced call. I technically understand why that happens and can try to explain to the users that their call hasn't technically ended. Are there any plans for a more graceful way to handle that scenario to prevent the need for additional agent clicks during the call?

I also agree the reporting impact will take further explaining to our Analytics team, but is what it is under the circumstances. ​

Brian Jones
    Ascension Health – IS, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Conferencing more than max of 3 parties to ACD Interaction

GENESYS
    Posted 04-20-2022 14:26
    Hi Brian, 

This is under active development right now. The goal is to enable multiple participants ( greater than 5 at the very least ) to be added from within the ACD context. This will keep all the ACD mechanic ( reporting, data, etc ) as-is and will prevent the additional step of switching to the communicate section. More updates will be posted as we start making progress via the following idea in Aha. 

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-782

Sachi Pradhan
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources