Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Random issues, are you having the same?

• 1.  Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-28-2019 13:11
    Edited by Cole Callahan 11-06-2019 08:53
    Hey Community,  i just wanted to reach out to see if anyone else has had the random issues that we have been seeing.  

1- Make a save on a schedule,  the save saves.  > exit and come back into the page, the same is confirmed.  > Come back in say an hour later, change did not actually save.  

2- Disconnect button is grayed out or there is a big delay when trying to disconnect from the customer.  

3- Agents being offered another phone interaction, even when they were on a call.  The set up we have does not allow any interruption on Voice calls. 

We have seen multiple of these, from different users, on different computers (did the basic troubleshooting.. clear cache, reboot, different computer etc.)  and it is still happening.   In case #1, i had this happen three times, one being a desk top at home,  one being my laptop on network connection, and the other one at work. 

It seems like we have been seeing this since Oct 17th where we have a BUNCH of issues with Genesys running, disconnects and errors. 

thanks!  ​
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    [Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Business Systems Analyst]
    [Kal Tire]

• 2.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2019 14:31
    Hey @Erin Neufeld,

We talk about a scheduling bug in the new episode of the Q&A show that may relate to what you are discussing. What do you think @AdAM Firestine and @Gage Decker?

Cheers,

Matt​​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2019 16:06

Hi Erin,

For each of the following here is our suggestion, each one is definitely worth having a support case open with Genesys in order for us to investigate each issue:

1.  Matt I believe this may be a separate issue from the All Day toggle issue.  Erin in this situation we be interested in viewing this within a support case with the following information.  Please use the explanation of the issue you provided above.  We would like to know that steps that you took to reproduce the behavior as well as a video of the behavior.  It also helps to provide the browser console log as well as a network HAR file for us to be able to troubleshoot the issue.  

2.  Please open a support case with a copy of the browser console log and a network HAR file as well as the Conversation ID.  Please use the explanation of the issue you provided above.

3.  Please open a support case with the agents name and the conversation ID of the call the agent was on and if possible the conversation ID of the call offered.  Please use the explanation of the issue you provided above.

Gage Decker
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-28-2019 16:55
    Hi Gage,  For #2,  i do have a ticket i placed this morning with the interaction ID where it was happening.   Since this is going on at our call center, the chances of getting a Browser console log is low as it isn't happening all the time. 

Ticket # 0002649020

For #3, I do not have a current example, but ones that were happening at the beginning of next week and the week before,  but we will create a ticket with any new examples.  It seems like it has been three or four agents a week with at least one or two instances of this. 

For #1,  next time i make a change, i will make sure to put on Chrome console and get some log files over. 

I feel like i was going crazy because we did make the changes, yet, they didn't change.  As well as the settings, and the unexpected outcome.  ​​​​

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 5.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-28-2019 17:46
    To add to this, i have created tickets for all three now.  New interactions will be needed for #3.  ​

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 6.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-28-2019 16:14
    1 - I have noticed this and found out that another member of my team has edited the schedule earlier.  Now I typically refresh before I ever edit anything and I don't have that issue.

2 - We have been experiencing an uptick in these.  They aren't constant and don't seem to center around any one agent, but I have gotten many complaints that are similar to this in the recent past.  

3 - We have had several complaints about this but it turned out to be transfers from another department.

Pol Buckingham
    f'real foods llc

• 7.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-30-2019 15:22
      |   view attached
    Here is an example of the issues we are having.  Since these are happening randomly,  and in the call center, we are unable to do screen recordings, but you can clearly see that it tried to execute the action and failed.  Maybe i will get better traction here than through support..

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 8.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-30-2019 15:45
    Yes.  I have that reported to me probably 5 times a week.  Seems to be worse these last 48 hours.  It IS very hard to track down and get proof of.  We sort of view it as the price of having a cloud based UI that is subject to connectivity burps, browser sludge, and all the other things that can contribute.

For our org it happens on the scale of being an annoyance than a hindrance.  It is almost always fixed by logging out, closing down browsers, and then getting back in.  It happens enough that most of my agents know how to fix it by now which may mean that it is happening more than I'm hearing about.

Pol Buckingham
    f'real foods llc

• 9.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-30-2019 16:12
    It looks to me like the other end disconnected, but that disconnect event didn't make it all the way back to the Client UI, so when the agent clicked disconnect it threw an error because the edge can't disconnect a call that is no longer active. Care will have to dig into various edge and other back-end logs to try and stitch the whole sequence together.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 09:35
    Re: #3 - Agents being offered another phone interaction, even when they were on a call. 

We had that experience and the cause was determined to be that our on-premise Edges went into "survival mode" because they lost connectivity to PureCloud/AWS.  It's our understanding that Edges in survival mode route the calls using an algorithm that doesn't consider agent state.

We haven't had the problem reported since we worked thru improving the connectivity.

Jason Rogers
    Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan

• 11.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 10:30
    Hey Erin! 

Over the last 10 or so days, we've had pretty severe experiences with Latency inside the PureCloud Desktop Application. Only recently through our case and multiple examples, Support has advised that there is a known issue with latency that is being worked on by Dev. I wonder if you are experiencing the same?
    As example.. some of what our agents would experience are as follows: 
    * inability to hang up call
    * would receive a call but PureCloud shows as being in idle (would then get the call ring alert while speaking with customer)
    * call would end but PureCloud still shows as being in an active call
    * inability to answer a call
    * agent would transfer a call and complete the transfer but PureCloud still shows them connected 

All these things would take anywhere from 5 - 15 or more seconds before the User Interface would catch up to what was actually happening for the agent.

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD
    Alberta Motor Association

• 12.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 11:35
    Edited by Erin Neufeld 10-31-2019 11:36
    Hey Kym, this is exactly what we are experiencing, but getting no where with the support.  @GenesysEmail Support Americas  What type of solution is being provided for these types of issues that companies are experiencing?

​​​​@Tanvir Azad  Please help us in escalating these issues so we can find a proper resolution!  

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 13.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 13:17
    To be honest, we had some back and forth with support, going to our internal network teams and finally i made mention of this to our Technical Account Manager who was the one who got me some answers. And by answers i mean that it was mentioned that there was a "known issue of back-end latency".

At this time, we are told there is no ETA on the fix - and i have no knowledge as to what the cause is or what they are working on to resolve. 
    I'm just glad that Genesys is aware there is a problem. 

We too have tried everything to fix this in house, but nothing really changes. We are now just waiting on updates.

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD

• 14.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 11:43
    I too have received reports of odd behaviors and asked them to join the #F5Refresh life to expedite a resolution  (Even the #CTRL+Shift+Delete #CacheCleansing club) .  Some of the most recent behavior reported by agents​:
    • OnQueue routing state Idle while calls queued up to a few minutes. (Using Best/Standard)
    • Not Responding toaster but not allowing them to Go back OnQueue
    • Unable to answer an interaction, agent set for AutoACDAnswer
    • Two calls presented to the same agent from the same queue within milliseconds of each other.  Agent hears both customers at the same time #CaseOpened 0002649752
      • Advised this symptom is related to an "internal case" (internal case the we have open in regards to assignment and conversation services issue)
      • Found multiple scenarios of this happening in the last several days.

​​​​​

James Riley
    Solutions Architect – Contact Center Practice
    Dimension Data NA

Together we do great things.
    Dimension Data has joined 28 expert companies to become NTT.
    Our transition to the NTT brand will be complete soon.

Visit us at hello.global.ntt

• 15.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 11:51
    We are also having similar issues. It's intermittent and affect some agents randomly. 
    - Unable to transfer calls
    - Unable to hang up - "The request to hang up the call failed"
    - Unable to do Consult transfers

Marc Moynan
    Canadian Dealer Lease Services Inc

• 16.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 11:55
    Good morning,

We are experiencing similar challenges, albeit intermittently.  The most frequent of the issues being agents receiving the message "The request to hang up the call failed".

I believe someone mentioned that this is being worked on as a global issue, is that right?

Thanks,
    Amanda

Amanda Keeton
    Contact Center Manager
    Baker College Contact Center

• 17.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 12:05
    We are also having clients with the unable to hang up call issue. We will be getting at least 3-4 cases opened on this now.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 18.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 13:39
    I was advised that Dev teams were working on a fix, so i certainly hope that would be on a global scale.

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD

• 19.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-03-2019 23:03
    We experienced very similar issues to @Marc Moynan and other customers on this thread late last week. As mentioned, ​closing the Google Chrome browser and re-opening it seemed to fix the issues.

We found it difficult to isolate or replicate as, by default, we don't normally have Chrome Console logs switched on for every agent.

So far on Monday 4 November, we have not had any reports of this issue

Tony Marcic
    Fair Work Ombudsman

• 20.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 13:35
    We are having the same exact issues and have only gotten as far as support requesting network and console logs. As this is something that's very hard to get unless your users are capable of doing so themselves, we have yet to receive any additional support, or even acknowledgment that it's a widespread issue (which it apparently is). We've been assuming that the network issue is on our end but are struggling to determine any viable solutions. At least now we know that it's not just us.

Brianna Pierce
    Gerber Products Company

• 21.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 14:02
    @Brianna Pierce  This is why the community forums are such a great resource!  They allow companies who have been struggling on finding a resolution, or implementing or supporting (we were in the same boat as you) ​to reach out and share their experiences.  

We have a call center, which is across town, with users who do not have admin access on their computers, so we would have to be onsite to enable the console logs for each user. I know we cannot enable screen recording for them..    At what point do you just say 'let's stop and reach out for help?'  

this is affecting our business and our support for our customers, and being told there was nothing else they could do (in our support ticket) was not good enough. 

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 22.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 14:07
    @Cory Trottier @Sara Martinez Volkmar ​​

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 23.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 15:16
    Hi,

I have seen issues where there is a delay in either answering calls, ending calls, putting calls on hold, this has been fixed with two of our customers by bypassing the web proxy for *.mypurecloud.com.au. on both occasions, this fixed the dealy issue immediately 
    Hope this might help

Cheers
    Darrell

Darrell Beard
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 24.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 18:44
    We have been experiencing a multitude of issues since Friday last week.
    Everything that everyone has expressed here and also a voice quality issue driving the QoS to increased volumes, not sure if anyone else has had similar reported.

I have raised a critical case in our instance as edge logs identified it was our internal infrastructure. But after doing some testing we cannot find where the problem is occurring. 

In the last hour agents have advised that the voice quality is terrible, the UI is failing to load wrap up codes or no information. High latency issues, we continue to investigate internal as only part of org is affected. 

So I sit on the merry go round to determining where or who is at fault and how to fix it. 

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    3 Years Purecloud

• 25.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 10-31-2019 20:13
    Hey Darryn,

Sounds like there is a lot of latency issues with PureCloud going on right now, which would cause the issues others and your business have been experiencing. The web proxy bypass gets around caching of the URL, when allowing the URL (*.mypurecloud.com.au) to bypass the web proxy it removes any issues with connectivity and realtime call control. Seems that the current latency issues are causing the same symptom..............realtime call control

Regards
    Darrell

Darrell Beard
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

• 26.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2019 09:10
    Hi Everyone,

I see that this topic has become very popular.  We recommend that if you don't have a case open at this time for the issue that you are seeing please open a case with Genesys support.  It is very likely that each of your different Organization's issues may or may not be related to each other this is why we recommend working with Genesys support to determine that solution for your case.

To give insight into why we need logs to troubleshoot latency issues, the logs are needed to narrow down where the latency resides.  We only have the PureCloud side but we need your logs to investigate the whole picture.

What can you do to provide Genesys support the information they need?
    • Provide a network HAR file (this is the most import file we need to troubleshoot latency) and the Browser Console log from the client
    • MAKE SURE to set the "Retain Logs" setting for the network HAR file and browser console log.  Then you can collect the logs from the agent having the issue later that day.
    • If you can't get logs from an agent have you tried reproducing the issue yourself?
    • Provide details in your case like; When did the issue first occur?  Is it reproducible at certain times of the day?  Have you noticed patterns to the intermittent latency?
    • Most important of all please provide these details in your case so Genesys Support can track this issue.

Here are the links on how to collect the logs we need based on the Client you are using:
    Desktop app:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/gather-network-logs-on-the-desktop-app/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/gather-desktop-app-console-log/
    Browser:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/gather-network-logs/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/gather-console-logs/

Thank you,

Gage

Gage Decker
    Genesys - Employees

• 27.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-01-2019 11:25
    Edited by Jonathan LeBlanc 11-01-2019 11:25
    Our Org is definitely experiencing the same issue with latency in the UI during all interactions. It's intermittent and we can't actively reproduce the issue (latency w/ choosing wrap-up, muting the call, putting the call on hold and even disconnecting the call). My solution to get chrome logs was to grab an experienced agent, explain the situation and that I'd be leaving the console running on a small portion of their screen and to let me know as soon as they got the error. I would then save the log, clear it and wait for the next issue to happen. I repeated the process several times until I had multiple logs. I just sent them up to support today. Support, up until this point, has advised that it's most likely an issue on our end, but after viewing this thread I'm not so sure that's still the case.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Outdoor Network, LLC

• 28.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-03-2019 19:03
    We enter a new week and are still experiencing this issue even though all investigations are coming up empty as to being our infrastructure.
    Can anyone else confirm if they are still experiencing the these issues still?
    We are on the APAC (Sydney) server

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    3 Years Purecloud

• 29.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-04-2019 11:12
    Hey All,  I spoke with our technical contact at Genesys and he indicated that the Dev team is currently working on a fix for this issue.  I believe it was identified before an update was released, but was not thought to be a big issue at the time.   I was told that this should be a matter of days before resolution as it does not affect everyone.  

Hopefully this helps teams, and if i get any updates, i will share here. 

@Tanvir Azad ​​​

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 30.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-04-2019 14:20
    Hi Darryn,

There was a maintenance early this morning(APAC region):
    https://status.mypurecloud.com/incidents/x2mcv1gc2d6z

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 31.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-04-2019 14:52
    Hi Community!   There was two separate changes identified to correct these issues, one was deployed last night, and the other is scheduled for tonight.  

Hopefully this fixes the issues!

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 32.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-04-2019 17:41
    Thanks Paulo, was aware of the maintenance but we have experienced worse affects today with the affected team.
    Sits as a critical incident with Genesys hopefully they find something as its been a week now

Thanks for the update Erin, hoping its the same issue here

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    3 Years Purecloud

• 33.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-05-2019 12:01
    Nothing new has been reported to me this morning from the team.  We are being slammed with calls as this is our busiest time of the year.  Ive requested the Genesys support tickets stay open for a couple days so we can make sure this is taken care of.

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 34.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-05-2019 13:16
    Is anyone seeing PureCloud interface reloading during a call - a refresh or reload - with a white screen?  Voice does not seem to get interrupted during this reload, but you are blocked from the interface for several seconds up to a minute.
    I'm trying to capture more info from our agents, I'm not sure if it is related but this has started just today after these fixes went out.

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD

• 35.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-05-2019 14:14
    Hey @Kymberli O'Hagan!  We have not seen that particular issue,  and things have been quiet on this front today.  Either things are correct or they are too busy to report anything to us.   I have asked that our tickets stay open for a few days as we were seeing issues with the in-bound queue logic incorrectly picking the wrong script for callbacks on Friday & Yesterday. 

I have also asked for a route cause as a lot was affected by this issue,  and the risk of other issues arising as well.  ​

Hope you guys are staying Warm in Alberta!! :D

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Kal Tire]

• 36.  RE: Random issues, are you having the same?

Posted 11-05-2019 14:43
    We've experienced several issues with our customers over the last two or 3 days:

• Data actions and API's not responding, timing out or returning untrue results
    • Flows not updating even though saving and publishing
    • Skills displaying as the GUID rather than name
    • Agent password resets "unavailable at this time"

Will Bellerby
    Pyrios NZ Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources