Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Route Incoming Calls - Area Code to State Lookup

Posted 09-18-2019 11:11

We are looking to routing incoming calls to agents based on states.  The one idea we has was to use a data table that has an area code to state mapping, looking at the incoming number, assign a state tier skill then push the call to agents with that skill.  

The idea of using a data table I think just went out the window based on this info:
    The number of data rows allowed in a single table is 250..
    Work with data tables - PureCloud Resource Center

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-with-data-tables/

Using a data table, I was hoping to import (not sure if you can import anyway) this data - https://github.com/kedarmhaswade/cities/blob/master/area-codes.csv

I may just build something in salesforce and do a lookup that way but that seems heavy handed.  I would think this would be common functionality needed in inbound calls.

Any ideas?

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Jeremy

• 2.  RE: Route Incoming Calls - Area Code to State Lookup

GENESYS
    Posted 09-18-2019 11:13
    You could use 2 datatables.  Check the 1st table, if the code is not found check the 2nd table

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Route Incoming Calls - Area Code to State Lookup

GENESYS
    Posted 11-18-2019 15:03
    Hi Jeremy,

We didn't forget about your question! In fact, it was discussed on the most recent episode of the PureCloud Community Q&A Show! You can check it out here!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources