Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Cloud Reporting vs On Prem Reporting

Posted 06-20-2021 20:13
    ​Hi

I would like to compare the reporting feature in Genesys cloud vs On Prem servers.
    Does Genesys Cloud support custom reports & does it allows users to download the custom reports similar to the On Prem solution ?

Is there any difference in reporting & is there any limitation with Cloud Genesys compared to On Prem solution ?
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Rajeev Srikant

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud Reporting vs On Prem Reporting

Posted 06-20-2021 20:44
    HI Rajeev

IF by on-prem you mean Engage, there's no such thing as GCXI/GI2 in Genesys Cloud.  While there are a number of "included reports" in my opinion they're not used that often.

The majority of companies and customers either use the Genesys APIs to feed into their own reporting solution (PowerBI etc), use the performance views to export data to CSV (which could then also be fed into something else), or they look at a third-party reporting solution on the AppFoundry which essentially takes care of the API consumption/aggregation and report generation for you.  Some third party solutions also have integration options into things like PowerBI by providing a data-feed.

Most of Genesys' efforts go into either those APIs or the performance views.  I doubt there's been any enhancements or additions to the included reports in quite some time.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Genesys Cloud Reporting vs On Prem Reporting

Posted 06-20-2021 21:01

Thanks.
    Sorry I am not sure if it is Engage. Need to check.

I am new to this technology.

So you mean for custom reports it requires to integrate Genesys API with the 3rd party reporting tools ?

Just comparing on prem CIC system reporting vs Genesys cloud reporting system is there any differences ?
    When people migrating from On Prem System to Genesys cloud they might have done some comparison in terms of available and non available reports by default.

Would like to understand that.​

Rajeev Srikant

• 4.  RE: Genesys Cloud Reporting vs On Prem Reporting

Posted 06-20-2021 21:08
    Okay, I'm not familiar with CIC myself but yes essentially for custom reports you need to essentially build them yourself in your own premises reporting solution, like PowerBI, Tableau etc, or look at a third party solution like Brightmetrics, eMite etc.

Sometimes it's better to use the opportunity when migrating from one to another to pause and look at what reports you actually NEED then look to see how you can achieve those in the platform you're moving to.  I'm only using Genesys Engage as one example, but under that you had Interactive Insights which was essentially Business Objects so you could build your own custom reports with some basic BO knowledge and it also came with 30+ out of the box reports that you could essentially copy and modify as well.  Now having said that, out of those 30+ reports there may well be only 5-6 that actually get run with any frequency depending on what functionality you're actually using in the overall contact centre.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: Genesys Cloud Reporting vs On Prem Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 06-21-2021 08:51
    I tend to agree with Vaun here!  I'd encourage you to look through the most critical reports you use in CIC and then look through the various performance views provided by Genesys Cloud to see if we can match your needs.  To Vaun's point, our out-of-the-box performance views and dashboards may not offer all of the detail and flexibility you are looking for but we continue to roll out more and more metrics and columns of data across our various views which can be customized, saved, and exported so we cover a lot of needs.

The API is another layer on top of what's out of the box and if you are looking to really customize, you can use that as well. 

Once you've completed a review, if you think we aren't able to meet your needs then I'd encourage you to check out any number of our analytics partners in AppFoundry!

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 6.  RE: Genesys Cloud Reporting vs On Prem Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 06-21-2021 11:31

Vaun, (and Chris) this may be useful - CIC is the name Interactive Intelligence used before the merger with Genesys for what we now call PureConnect. Rajeev is asking about comparing reporting for Genesys Cloud to PureConnect premise. 

Rajeev, yes the reporting in Genesys Cloud is different from PureConnect - the primary way most users interact with reports in Genesys Cloud is non-traditional... the data is now embedded in most of the places someone is making a decision instead in a separate module. But yes, there are also basic reports. 

The APIs for Genesys Cloud are very easy to use - there are kits on GitHub that already do many of the reporting things you will need here: 
    https://developer.genesys.cloud/ 

There are also 'one-click' add-on analytics solutions in the AppFoundry:
    https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/featured  

PureInsights and Emite are both worth a look. 

/Randolph Carter

Genesys Product Marketing

Randolph Carter
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources