Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Import only e.164 formate numbers from Saleforce

Posted 01-07-2022 06:22
    Edited by Joe Keenan 01-07-2022 06:22
    Hi Everyone

Is there a way to import only e.164 format numbers into external contacts using Salesforce External Contact Sync integration?

I'm looking to make sure any number we import into external contacts won't throw a PSTN related error when an agent tries to make an outbound call on the same?

The aim then would be to ensure numbers are corrected in Salesforce first before being eligible to be copied into GC External contacts

Thank you

Joe
    #Integrations
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Joe keenan
    Zimmer, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Import only e.164 formate numbers from Saleforce

Posted 01-18-2022 00:22
    I believe you are stuck with the Garbage In/Garbage Out rule here.  The integration just syncs, but there is no mechanism for checking the data.  I would suggest a web service to do the syncing that could check the source data and then insert it into External Contacts using the GC API.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Import only e.164 formate numbers from Saleforce

Posted 01-18-2022 02:51
    Edited by Joe Keenan 01-18-2022 07:57
    That's exactly the case Robert :-) There's a separate project to standardise the source data in Salesforce but as it typically is our rollout needs to happen before that project is set to complete. I've worked around it by modifying the source data before bulk uploading

Joe keenan
    Zimmer, Inc.
    GCA-GC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources