Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Lex Voice Bot Help

• 1.  Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-04-2020 14:03
    Hi all,

We are playing with some Lex integrations, when we are testing inside of AWS it works as we want, but we are trying to call the bot in an inbound call flow to use it as a voice bot.  How do we get the Pro0mpts in the slots to play back to the call when they call in.  The documetation is not really clear on using it as vocie.  I also have it intergrated to a chat flow and that works as well.

Any help is greatly apprecatiated.
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Michael McQuaid
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 2.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-05-2020 06:29
    I believe you need both the Lex and the Polly integrations in Genesys for this to work. You can select the same voice on both sides, and that way regardless of when the customer is in the Genesys flow or the Lex Bot, they hear the same voice.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 3.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-05-2020 08:44
    Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply.  I do have Polly already, but when I call, it hits the bot and follows the failure path.  I feel like I am missing something in the call flow that needs to go back to AWS to trigger the slot prompts.  Any ideas?

Thanks
    Mike

Michael McQuaid
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 4.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-05-2020 08:57
    Ok... just a guess, but are you triggering the intent in Lex from Genesys? Typically, what I'll do is prompt the caller with a question that will fulfill an intent utterance over in lex. For example, the starting audio for your lex bot task in Genesys might be "do you have your account number available". Then "yes" an be an utterance associated with an intent in your bot (or no), and when they say it the intent is triggered. Then the first slot question for the bot could be "ok, what is it?", and the customer would say that nmber. Then the slot value for that prompt would be that number and could be returned to genesys as a variable for that intent.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 5.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-05-2020 09:04
    This is the first time I have ever used Lex and Genesys.  Any way you can assit me? If not, I understand.

Michael McQuaid
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 6.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-05-2020 09:13
    I think where I am not sure it how to trigger the utterence in Genesys.

Michael McQuaid
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 7.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-05-2020 15:25
    I figured it out.  Thanks!

Michael McQuaid
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 8.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-05-2020 16:14
    Sorry.... Just seeing this, but it looks like you got it.

Basically the utterance is what triggers the bot intent and slot prompts. I *think* you can trigger an intent to fire up automatically with a session variable, but generally I just use a  leading question on the lex bot task to get it going. In general, whatever you say in test bot app on the web page in lex, is what you'd want the caller to say when the lex bot task is triggered in Genesys.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 9.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 08-05-2020 16:32
    I figured it out. I was wayyyy over thinking it..  I jsut added the gretting that says "if you would would like to re order tanks, say reorder" reorder is one of our utterences and it worked like a charm!!  Thanks, Dean!

Michael McQuaid
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 10.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 03-30-2021 20:08
    Hi Michael and Dean, I have similar situation, I setup Lex integration and when utterance is triggered I am playing back the slot as confirmation and it works just fine. but when I am trying to pass the slot value "membership_id" into Genesys Flow variable like "Flow.MembershipID" for using it in data actions or play audio I am having issues its like variable is not storing at all in "Flow.MembershipID", any suggestions to make it work? the idea is to collect alphanumeric input from users via voice bots and use the information for various integrations as of now I am just making POC.  

Ajay Vadluri
    Kroll Information Assurance Inc.

• 11.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 03-31-2021 08:50
    Looking at your snips, what i would do is put an audio block after your lex action for each outcome to help with undersanding what genesys is seeing. The success block would just play back the "flow.membershipid" variable, and the failure audio would just say "failure". That way you know what path is being taken. 

Also, when you test your lex bot, what does the detail package show.... and do you have "return parameters to client" checked?

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 12.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 04-01-2021 09:12
    HI Dean, thank you very much for your response yes I have checked "return to client parameter" under fulfillment also I have added audio to both paths and every time the call return failed path. is GC not recognizing the response from LEX?

Ajay Vadluri

• 13.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 04-01-2021 09:36
    I'd remove that confirmation prompt in lex and just return the slot value back to genesys. You can then repeat it back to the customer over there using the variable. I use menus with speech prompts for simple confirmations like that. 

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 14.  RE: Lex Voice Bot Help

Posted 04-01-2021 11:04
    wow! it worked just fine, thank you so much Dean.

Ajay Vadluri

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources