Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Emergency Messaging

• 1.  Emergency Messaging

Posted 03-19-2021 14:48

Is there a feature that would allow us to temporarily play an announcement to all callers currently on hold, and new inbound calls, in the event of a sudden increase in hold times?

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Chris Brinkoetter
    Sonic.net

• 2.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 03-19-2021 20:39
    HI Chris

You can make use of calling Data Actions both during your inbound call flow, and within your in-queue call flow.  For the in-queue call flow you can already play them estimated wait time and position in queue, but because the in-queue call flow essentially loops by default you could also put a Data Action in there to check something about the queue every x minutes or something.  I'm doing something similar to check if the emergency routing has been activated, or if suddenly there are no agents interacting or idle.  In the case of someone already in queue though, not sure what value there would be in doing your messaging as technically they should still be keeping their place in the queue.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 04-14-2021 19:29
    Vaun,

Thanks for the quick response. There are times when a system outage has been discovered and our customers are suddenly faced with significant hold times. We would prefer to communicate that situation to anyone on hold so that people have an opportunity to hang up instead of waiting, only to be told that we are working on the issue and services will be restored shortly.
    Additionally, those people calling about other issues will have their wait time decrease and we can provide a better experience for them as well.
    As before, any suggestion or information is appreciated.

Chris
    Sonic.net

• 4.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 04-25-2021 07:24
    Hi Chris,

I am assuming that the "system outage" is something not related to Genesys Cloud and does not impact the call routing decision.

You can create a data table with a boolean attribute that you can set to true or false.
    So, every time there is a system outage you just have to set this variable to true and your call flow will play a custom message to the customer.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/data-table-lookup-action/

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 5.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 04-26-2021 09:02
    Chris,
    Most of our clients create an emergency schedule that you can turn on in the ADMIN/ Emergency Groups section.  You can program the same emergency 'schedule' for multiple call flows.  An emergency schedule could also take a caller to an alternative menu, play an alternate message and terminate the call, send to a different, go to a voicemail box, etc.

ARTICLE:  https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/emergencies/

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 6.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 04-26-2021 17:19
    Unless the permissions have finally changed, one of the problems with trying to use the actual in-built emergency routing function is that the user needs telephony admin to be able to control this if I recall.  Which means they have access to some other things that may not be ideally opened up.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 04-26-2021 19:25

Vaun, you are correct. I won't mention details of how we got around that in Engage Cloud as it doesn't pertain here. However, I am going to look into it for Cloud and see if something similar can be done.  Essentially it is layering another level of security and permissions over an admin role. That web page only allows very specific actions to be performed by the "non-admin."

For Chris at Sonic.net, we performed the announcement of the system outage (this was for internal use only, not customer facing) and if the caller wanted a callback, we offered it.  However, that required our multiple callback offer functionality. Offering callbacks multiple times to a caller is a capability is custom work we did for Engage Cloud and I am looking into doing the same for Cloud. Not an overnight solution, I realize!

• 8.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 04-27-2021 09:39
      |   view attached

I saw this on a public website before, thought I don't remember the source, if this helps.

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 9.  RE: Emergency Messaging

GENESYS
    Posted 04-27-2021 11:00
    We broke out the permissions so you can manage just the emergency groups last year: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/activate-or-deactivate-an-emergency-group/

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 06-09-2023 08:08

Nathan - is this when the site has been put into an Emergency status in Routing/Emergency Groups ?. I have  a customer who wants to have - the ability to enter information to allow a call to come in from an external party in case of emergency or special circumstance. I assumed that if a site was in an Emergency status that it was just that and nobody could dial through however you are suggesting you can divert that call to an alternative menu ?. If so is this done in Architect ?.

richard craig
    British Telecommunications PLC

• 11.  RE: Emergency Messaging

Posted 06-09-2023 13:08

The built in Emergency Routing will work great for new calls, but there is still a gap for calls already in queue. Say, for example, the building has to be suddenly evacuated (maybe a Fire Alarm) calls already in queue will continue to hold. So in your In-Queue flow, you need to add logic to test if Emergency Routing has been activated and respond accordingly.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources