Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Use an existing email address from the main domain for email routing on Genesys

• 1.  Use an existing email address from the main domain for email routing on Genesys

Posted 12-27-2021 08:24
    Hello,

I have a customer that need to use an existing email address from their main domain to be routed by Genesys.

so for example support@customer.com arrive now on a mailbox and should arrive on Genesys.

I did the integration requested here : Use the organization's email domain name - Genesys Cloud Resource Center 

But after that I saw this page where I understood it's not possible to share the same subdomain : Register your domain and redirect inbound messages - Genesys Cloud Resource Center 

So I'll use this way of redirecting emails, but what is not clear now is what I have to do with the DNS records from the previous screenshot.
    it's clear that I have to keep the TXT record in order to be able to send outbound emails.
    My only doubt is about the MX records where it is specified :
    "

Add this MX record to your domain's DNS Settings. All email sent to this domain will route directly to Genesys Cloud.
    Please note this verification process may take up to 72 hours. Be sure not to use a domain that's already being used for email within your organization.
    "

so I think I have to remove this validation ? 
    I cannot do it from Genesys, it means I only have to remove the record from the DNS record ? or can I keep it whitout any risk ?

Thanks in advance,

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)

------------------------------
    Pierre Pirson
    Proximus PLC

• 2.  RE: Use an existing email address from the main domain for email routing on Genesys

Posted 01-18-2022 21:22
    You will need to first create the fake email on Genesys Cloud and then go through the DNS authorization process.  This will enable users to send on behalf of the user's domain.  Then they will need to forward that email address over to the fake email address.  That should complete the loop.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources