Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Prioritizing Outbound campaigns over Inbound workflow

Posted 05-12-2021 11:22
    We have a small division of our company that has acquired a very large outbound portfolio. Our challenge is trying to stay on top of that portfolio while still taking inbound calls and not negatively impacting service levels. A couple of possible solutions we have looked at are:

1) Adding/removing agents from inbound queues during outbound focused hours
    2) Adding/removing agent skills associated to inbound queues during outbound focused hours
    3) Setting inbound operating hours during outbound focused hours
    4) WorkForce Management redistributing agents from our other division to assist
    5) Hiring more agents

I wanted to reach out to the community to see if there are any other solutions I may be overlooking that wouldn't either be so manual or impact inbound service levels.

Thank you
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Eric Allen

• 2.  RE: Prioritizing Outbound campaigns over Inbound workflow

Posted 10-07-2021 19:33

I think it may depend on the outbound mode used.

We have a Preview mode campaign currently active, and under Campaign Management, there's an Advanced section where you can select priority:

I've also tested Agentless campaigns where you have to create an Outbound flow. The priority can be set there (as part of the 'Transfer to ACD' action):

If you set your inbound work at a lower priority, the outbound work should get presented to agents first.

Hope this helps.

Paul Graney
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources