Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Cloud Voice and Screen Recording

Posted 01-13-2021 09:06
    Good Day, this is just a few questions about the voice and screen recording solution on Cloud and hope someone can assist or point me in the right direction.
    1. From what i have found, Archive recordings does not form part of Cloud Included Storage, is this correct?
    2. After recordings are Archived, will my Included Storage decrease? eg: currently on 100 Gb and when Archiving of 10 Gb recordings takes place, will my Included Storage decrease to 90 Gb?
    3. When Archiving VOICE recordings, what is the retention period, how long will it remain archived before being deleted if i have no deletion setup in my Recording Policy? 
    4. When Archiving SCREEN recordings, what is the retention period, how long will it remain archived before being deleted if i have no deletion setup in my Recording Policy? I have found an article stating it will remain in archive for a year, is this correct?

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Reginald Sheraton
    Bytes Systems Integration (a division of Altron TMT (Pty) Ltd)

• 2.  RE: Cloud Voice and Screen Recording

Posted 01-13-2021 11:26
    Hi Reginald this might help

"There is not a storage limitation for archived recordings.  There are a couple of things to keep in mind. 

Archived recordings can take several hours to retrieve - so archiving would best be used for recordings you must retain - but no longer need quick access too.  Also - you can only retrieve up to 10 archived recordings at a time."

There's a good explanation here in the Resource Center. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/retrieve-archived-interactions/ 

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 3.  RE: Cloud Voice and Screen Recording

Posted 01-14-2021 01:13
    Hi Paul,
    thanks for your response, from what i know and have seen, you can retrieve up to 100 recordings from Archive at a time with options on how long (1 day, 7 days or 30 days). With regards to your statement "There is not a storage limitation for archived recordings" this is confusing as if you look at the Fair Usage link it says something different hence my confusion - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/data-storage-usage/

Reginald Sheraton

• 4.  RE: Cloud Voice and Screen Recording

Posted 01-14-2021 11:03
    If you take a look at the Fair usage link you'll see

"Note: Any archived recordings are excluded from this calculation. For more information about how to leverage archival to remain within data storage allocations, see Create a policy and Retrieve archived interactions. Screen recording archival is limited to one year."

I hope this helps a bit!

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 5.  RE: Cloud Voice and Screen Recording

Posted 01-15-2021 01:06
    Thanks Paul,
    Still need clarity on questions 2 to 4
    if i do not receive any clarity on this today, i will have to log a case with Genesys for clarity as i cannot find anything that stipulates these.
    1. After recordings are Archived, will my Included Storage decrease? eg: currently on 100 Gb and when Archiving of 10 Gb recordings takes place, will my Included Storage decrease to 90 Gb?
    2. When Archiving VOICE recordings, what is the retention period, how long will it remain archived before being deleted if i have no deletion setup in my Recording Policy? 
    3. When Archiving SCREEN recordings, what is the retention period, how long will it remain archived before being deleted if i have no deletion setup in my Recording Policy? I have found an article stating it will remain in archive for a year, is this correct?

Reginald Sheraton

• 6.  RE: Cloud Voice and Screen Recording

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2021 19:18
    Edited by Daniel Ho 01-19-2021 19:18
    Hi Reginald,

Thanks for the questions.  I can provide some clarity for you here.
    1. Yes, your storage will decrease once you archive the recordings. (i.e. to 90Gb in your example). 
    2. Voice recordings will remain archived indefinitely, if you do not have deletion policy setup for the recordings.
    3. When screen recording is enabled in your recording policy, there is always a retention period associated with it.  The retention period is configurable but is limited to within 1 year.

Cheers,

Daniel Ho
    ----------------------------

Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud

Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

-----------------------------

• 7.  RE: Cloud Voice and Screen Recording

Posted 01-21-2021 01:08
    Thanks for this response, it is exactly what i have asked.
    i even logged a service call (Case #0002861068) and support could not give me direct answer, thanks

Reginald Sheraton

• 8.  RE: Cloud Voice and Screen Recording

Posted 02-08-2024 06:48

Hi Team,

Just wanted to check if we can increase the screen recording retention to more than 1 year since it is fixed to 365 days on platform. Idea is to archive the screen recordings only after retention limit reaches (1 year) and still be able to retrieve recordings on Genesys platform or any custom platform. Is that feasible or has anyone implemented something similar.

Manu Kandwal
    Accenture Solutions Private Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources