Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CHAT WIDGET - TIMEOUT/INACTIVITY MESSAGES

Posted 08-02-2021 04:30
    Hello all,

In Genesys Cloud Chat widget - Can we set different set of messages based on user inactivity ?

Ex: If customer didnt respond for 60 seconds   ->  Are you there ?
           If customer didnt respond for 12o seconds -> Is there any problem ,Still there?
            In 150 seconds -> Thank you , Chat ended.

Is this achievable ? Any done implemented these scenarios ?
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    GK

• 2.  RE: CHAT WIDGET - TIMEOUT/INACTIVITY MESSAGES

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 08-03-2021 17:37
    Hey

Although we don't have chat up and running in pure cloud yet, let me still share my two cents.

One of the great benefits of chat, and one of the biggest cost savings of using chat compared to voice is having agents handle multiple chats at once. But this also means that staff themselves might take longer than 120 seconds to respond to a customer, while chatting with another customer, or looking something up for a customer etc. And in turn customers themselves can take longer to response as they are looking things up in your website etc. So from a CX perspective I wouldn't recommend short timeouts on Chats like that.

However the posting of message should be possible:

The hard part will be the timing, which would probably be best dealt with by the webservice handling the customer chat window.
    But again be careful, you don't want to post the messaging when waiting on staff, especially if they are investigating something, carefully consider the time out timings etc, make sure it resets every time some starts typing, you don't want to post the message if the customer is busy typing that would be bad. So really think this one through, considering all the customer impacts and scenarios.

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

• 3.  RE: CHAT WIDGET - TIMEOUT/INACTIVITY MESSAGES

Posted 08-04-2021 06:29
    Hi
    I would add to the list of considerations a scenario when the customer indicates they need to step away for a minute (analogous to asking the agent to hold on a voice interaction) and/or need to locate information pertinent to the discussion/chat. We handle chat inactivity from the customer using a defined process for the agents and canned responses - if no response after x amount of time, use canned response 1; if still no response after an additional x minutes, use canned response 2; if still no response after an additional x minutes, use canned response 3 and disconnect the interaction. It relies on the agent, but also eliminates the scenarios that may be more challenging for a more automated inactivity response to account for.

Emily KAMmerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources