Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 05-12-2021 16:25
    I just tested out an email scenario.  From Outlook, I sent in a single email addressed to email1@xxx.mypurecloud.com and email2@xxx.mypurecloud.com, with email1 going to Queue 1 and email2 going to Queue 2.  My thought was the system would see two email interactions coming in, one to each Queue.  What I find is only one email comes in, always to the first email address in the To: list.  I also had two agents open and made sure they could take multiple emails, still only one email.  Is this design intent, or is there a way I can correct this behaviour?
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #DigitalChannels
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 2.  RE: Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 05-14-2021 12:24
    Hi Martin,

I'm not sure how you are routing the emails, but I've run into this in the past.

If you have your emails going to an Email Flow in Architect, Genesys Cloud will create a collection of email addresses in the variable Email.message.to. 

So you may need to do a loop to go through all the email addresses eg Loops: Count(Email.message.to) index: State.i  and then look in Email.message.to[State.i] to see if they've emailed a legit purecloud email or not. They could be emailing someone else in the To field. Depending on which Genesys Cloud email address matches you could send the message to a different queue, and then loop to handle the next address. 

The same holds true for SMS messages, you will get a collection of ANI's that you should loop through.

• 3.  RE: Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 05-14-2021 12:36
    Thanks Paul.  For my test it was in our Dev Org., I was routing "Always route to this queue".  I can create an email flow to test this out further.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting

• 4.  RE: Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 05-14-2021 12:42
    Good luck. 

I had to go through this exercise because we had one email flow to handle a bunch of different emails/domains. I didn't want to assume the customer would always provide the "correct" email in the first slot Email.message.to[0] if they were emailing multiple people

• 5.  RE: Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 05-14-2021 13:20

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-848<o:p></o:p>

I found an Idea in the Portal re this issue.  Also, Genesys came back and said this is expected behaviour.   

Martin Bunting

• 6.  RE: Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 05-14-2021 13:27

@Martin

How do you have your Genesys cloud emails configured?  Meaning are both email1 and email2 pointing at the same flow or Queue?

Anthony Gilio
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 7.  RE: Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 05-14-2021 16:26
    I have each email directed to its own Queue.  Email 1 > Queue 1, Email 2 > Queue 2.  I am going to try to a flow and see if there is a workaround.

Martin Bunting

• 8.  RE: Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 05-19-2021 03:42

Hi Martin,
    Expanding on Paul's suggestion, I had a customer who had multiple emails configured in Genesys Cloud and would expect to receive some emails with more than one address in the To field matching a Genesys Cloud destination email.
    From my experience Genesys Cloud sees that email as 1 object / message (matching subject and external party email) even if it would have multiple matches (both email1 & email2 in your example), as such it would be treated as a unique object through the email flow.

I have used email flows and when multiple destination email map to an existing email address in Genesys Cloud, then the flow decides which destination queue will get the email.
    i.e.Configuring Genesys Cloud with email1 & email2 pointing to one Inbound email flow, if email message contains both destination email1  & destination email2, the flow decides that it would still be delivered to queue2
    Incidentally you could also build similar logic to 'browse' for destination email is in the CC field (collection).
    Also whilst Architect allows you to compare strings for the values of the Email.message.to[0], SMTP is case insensitive.

Jean-Christophe Poyelle
    Foehn Ltd.

• 9.  RE: Email to multiple Genesys Cloud Email addresses

Posted 03-08-2022 16:06

Hi Paul,

I am fairly new to architect and very new to loops.  I tried to run with your idea above about looping thru the to field, to find multiple pure cloud email address's with the action of if it does equal a specific email address transfer to a queue, then the thought was to loop again and if it finds another one, transfer to another queue.

Problems: Transfer to ACD terminates in end of flow.  So my thinking is it then would stop looping.  Since it is still just one interaction, this makes sense, it would not have another interaction to send the other queue? 

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Multiple Email Loop Flow

John Treglia
    Behr Process Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources