Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Speak each character English clarity

Posted 10-05-2020 10:04
    We use the Secure IVR to pay a credit card, and utilize a play audio prompt to speak each character of the returned Auth Code on a success.

Consistently feedback has shown the letters being spoken are often hard to understand.

i need ideas on how to fix this:
    1. Can i re-record each letter in the english alphabet?
    2. Is there a better way to get clarity from the engine when speaking a string of letters and numbers, with the intent the caller will want to copy them down?
    3. option 3?

Thank you!
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)

------------------------------
    William Tracy
    GCI Communication Corp.

• 2.  RE: Speak each character English clarity

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2020 10:32
    1. No. The speak each character option is not using recorded system prompts, the tts engine is generating the audio on the fly.
    2. You could split the string yourself and separate the characters with blank audio.  You could also try a little manipulation; i.e. if it's an "a" play "aye" or "ay" instead.
    3a. You could try using a different TTS engine or voice so see if you like it better.
    3b. You could create user prompts for each character.  Upload your own, good recordings.  In the flow split the string, loop through each character, and play the corresponding user prompt for each one.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources