Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud)

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

• 1.  Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

Posted 6 days ago
    Hello All,

We have come across the following scenario-

'A call is entered the ACD queue after IVR and started alerting on an agent's endpoint. After 2 seconds of ringing, the call was disconnected by the customer (We see the Disconnect Type as 'Peer' in the interaction timeline)

Now, the agent is put on 'Not Responding' status by the system.'

Is this the default system behavior? Isn't the agent state should go back to 'Idle' after such cases.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Aakanksha Goyal
    Cloudoe BV

• 2.  RE: Agent Status changes to 'Not Responding' when the call is abandoned while alerting

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago
    I tested this in my own organization, and I cannot replicate the behavior you describe when the external caller abandons before the queue Alerting Timeout.

So, just based upon what you have said, it sounds like the Alerting Timeout is being hit just as (or just after) the external caller abandons.

You will have to open a case with Care to have them look at the logs to verify what is happening.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys